MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks back, I was leaving the gym on a cold night when I hit a small slick spot on the way out of the parking lot. I broke traction just enough to get nearly sideways when I regained traction very quickly and went down. Even with all the right riding gear and only traveling approx 20 mi/hr, I ended up with an impressive four fractures and a complete dislocation of my right elbow and a sprained ankle. In the grand scheme of things, it could've been much worse and I am healing well after surgery. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for my bike. The impact broke the gas tank (inner and outer cover), the glass of the headlight popped out like I had heard has happened to others, the frame and lower engine case boogered up a bit, and right mirror and footrest. The insurance company chose to offer a total loss settlement, so I will someday have another.
Some of the original parts were off the bike (like rear pegs), and oddly none of my carbon fiber parts were damaged in the least, so I have quite a few parts left to sell to those in need. PLEASE SEE THE FOR SALE/WANTED FORUM FOR PARTS.
Here are a few of the beautiful 'before' pics of her.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Kevin sorry to hear about your crash :( i hope all the best in healing up. As augusta 17 says, you can definitely regain your loss

·
Registered
64 Posts
Glad to hear your recovery is going well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
glad you're okay. Bones will heal and new bikes can be had.

I did send you a PM about the parts, but forgot that I'm looking for a stock seat...front and rear.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry to hear you were hurt but at least you are on the road to recovery. I have the identical black and red 910S and I would not like to see her down. (I did total my previous triumph Speed Triple)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Faaak!!! :(
I'm really sorry to hear that.

Heal up quickly and hope to see you soon on a new MV :f4: :smoking:

·
Registered
185 Posts
All the best mate.

·
Registered
243 Posts
CAG

See your email

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ditto, get well. I wiped out over a frozen pothole in Denver. Had brand new tires so was going slow. Still gouged out the frame on my FZ1. Low speed can be rough.

New excitement awaits... what will it be???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts