MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
oooohhh that 89 Countach :mouthwate
Don't like the 25th Anniversary, earlier are nicer. Never liked the Diablo, the Murcielago SV would be the best of that lot if you caned it. Is that all he's got/selling....6 cars? ps some highway robbers out there looking at service costs ....do they want to get rich out of one car?

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Don't like the 25th Anniversary, earlier are nicer. Never liked the Diablo, the Murcielago SV would be the best of that lot if you caned it. Is that all he's got/selling....6 cars? ps some highway robbers out there looking at service costs ....do they want to get rich out of one car?
Agree all the way.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Where is Randy. I know he wants to input some of his vast knowledge here.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Yep Randy will be along presently. BTW I know Roy Cats has a great exotic dealership, anyone know about any other personal cars?? Not into googling today

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Yep Randy will be along presently.
I don't believe Randy likes any Lambo but the Miura!
Where's Waldo? :). Ok, I give Randrew grief because he doesn't know any better than to be a Lambo guy, yet I love the guy. He's welcome in my home anytime.

Mike's correct......almost. The early Miura is truly a SPECTACULAR car. I've always loved that car. The earlier 3500 is also a nice car. Since the Miura, Lamborghini hasn't made anything I'd own. When compared to contemporary Ferraris and Aston Martins, they just don't measure up......and the market bears that out. Resale on almost every Lambo since the Miura doesn't come close to the competitive Ferrari. Look at Countachs compared to 512 BB.....they cost about the same new, yet the Ferrari will bring 2-3 times as much.

.......until the new Hurican (sp?) I absolutely adore the new Hurican. :jsm: This is the first contemporary Lambo I'd consider owning.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Huracan.....yes Randy I think it's a great car at entry level for Lambo with very driver friendly gadgets.....but all the crappy plastic needs at least to be optioned in CF. The engine cover is an eyesore in black plastic. I guess in time this will happen

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
I think it's amazing that it took Lamborghini exactly FOUR mid-engine V12 sports cars, to get them from 1966 to 2010.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
but all the crappy plastic needs at least to be optioned in CF. The engine cover is an eyesore in black plastic. I guess in time this will happen
Plastic and not CF:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh: Say it is not so.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
As a child of the late seventies and early eighties, the Countach is the only Lamborghini I've ever liked. I could never justify enough money to ever seriously entertain buying a modern Lambo, but it would be fun to have a classic money pit project car like that Countach to tinker with on the weekends as the girls get older.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Perhaps slightly heretic, but I wouldn't mind an Espada. A chap around the corner from us had one in my early teens. I went in it a few times. Often wondered why my parents wouldn't buy one instead of their crappy Morris Marina - it had four seats, so in my teenage mind was the perfect family car :)

Now, I think front engined V12 grand-tourer, ideal!

·
King of Bling
9,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Perhaps slightly heretic, but I wouldn't mind an Espada. A chap around the corner from us had one in my early teens. I went in it a few times. Often wondered why my parents wouldn't buy one instead of their crappy Morris Marina - it had four seats, so in my teenage mind was the perfect family car :)

Now, I think front engined V12 grand-tourer, ideal!
My dad had Marina TC... Probably the worst car on the planet... The Torsion bar suspension was useless and the Marina handled like a hammock..

·
Registered
842 Posts
My parents car choice was woeful. They had three or four Marina estates. They then bought a 2.3l Vauxhall Victor FE estate that I learnt to drive (and took my driving test) in. After that they bought a Morris Ital - an object lesson in how to make a car*p car even worse!

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
the Countach is the only Lamborghini I've ever liked.
Same here. Somewhere in my mom's attic are the rolled up Countach, Miami Vice, and Heather Locklear posters a future generation will discover. The earlier standard S versions were the best looking imo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts