MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The day after Easter, so fitting to finish the resurrection of my YSR50, affectionately known as "The Rabbit", so named by my kids when I was teaching them to ride on it decades ago.
Starts and runs great...even the horn makes its pitiful bleating sound when the button is pressed.
Fun fun fun.... just buries the speed needle....in 4th gear (there are 5) !! (60 kph is the last indication...goes WAY past that)

Just need to find those 2 errant fairing screws.....where the heck did they go over the last decade whilst in baskets and boxes??

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Groovy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi esq'z me,

WOW... nice "resurrection" (good pun too, ho ho)! Add a nut-pad and mirrors, and it belongs in a stroker museum! 'Can't tell from the angle of the image, but is that a Yamaha OEM JDM tail light set up too? (I've got two of these, one of which needs completion... wish me luck, eh?)

Congratulations!

With kind regards,
M Squared

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW... nice "resurrection" (good pun too, ho ho)! Add a nut-pad and mirrors, and it belongs in a stroker museum! 'Can't tell from the angle of the image, but is that a Yamaha OEM JDM tail light set up too? (I've got two of these, one of which needs completion... wish me luck, eh?)
Thanks !!

Yep. the turn signals are in the tail cover as original and the front signals are too small for USA regulations.

This original first year model only has a thin neoprene foam tank protector, not that huge nut pad the USA models got. It's there and I'm not replacing it.

The mirrors bolt onto the front cowl stay....I never had them...they're missing, so I'm on the hunt.....along with a sign shop that can replicate the 3 Japanese language decals I carefully removed and saved.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Esq'z me,

OEM JDM signals for that bike are rare... and look great! 'Think that there's a minimum required distance between the turn signals in the U.S., which is why the JDM signals did not meet regulation. And, you're spot on about the neoprene pad being a OEM JDM piece too (I couldn't see it in the image)!

'Am not sure which "3 Japanese language decals" you're referring to... however, if you're not familiar with eBay Seller "Pelch_2014", they make reproduction YSR decals / stickers. Below are links to their Noise Emission, Battery Lid (bottom), and Warning Labels (Tank, Battery Lid [top], and Windscreen).

>https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Ysr...764045?hash=item1a79fcdb4d:g:xGYAAOSwzwVcDzNh
>https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Ysr...764373?hash=item1a79fcdc95:g:17wAAOSw87lcDzGK
>https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Ysr...ash=item1a78d786d8:g:hQ4AAOSwzGhan1My&vxp=mtr

As for the mirrors, for such simple items, they are very hard to find... "Toyo" manufactured replacements, but they too are difficult to come by. Good luck finding 'em... if I stumble across a pair, please expect me to let you know!

With kind regards,
M Squared

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks,
The battery lid sticker is the only one that was standard on this bike....and it is in place and just fine.

First year JDM bike had only Japanese language tank sticker and tire pressure sticker on the swingarm.

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Please tell me the Little Beasty is coming to The Gap!

Reactions: gotfolk

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nice. My wife has a race YSR that we're getting back into fighting shape for the small track out here in Stockton.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts