MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Generally accepted in Australia so long as you don't impede pedestrian traffic. Odd that you say that though, last year I took my Norvin to England and rode it around for 2 1/2 months. Not knowing any different I just parked on the foot path every where. Only one instance where a parking inspector asked me to move my bike about ten feet further along the foot path.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
. . . Not knowing any different I just parked on the foot path every where. Only one instance where a parking inspector asked me to move my bike about ten feet further along the foot path.
Yes, same has happened with me; although parking officers are just as aggressive in both countries.

Cambridge though, is home to the elite and residents must subscribe to the 'thou shall adopt all manner of moral and public etiquette.' :grin2:

I fondly remember the Elizabeth Street motorcycle shops (Melbourne) and other city street parking:

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
In LA usually no one will say anything. The civilians will typically key your bike (or car) and the parking enforcement will simply walk up and issue you a fine even if you are present by the vehicle. Funny part is that if you are familiar with LA, with exception of Downtown and Hollywood blvd there’s hardly any pedestrian foot traffic. Yeah,it’s a great town alright...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, same has happened with me; although parking officers are just as aggressive in both countries.

Cambridge though, is home to the elite and residents must subscribe to the 'thou shall adopt all manner of moral and public etiquette.' :grin2:

I fondly remember the Elizabeth Street motorcycle shops (Melbourne) and other city street parking:

Yep, thats Lizzy street. Still the same.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Parking on the foot path is a Victorian thing. You can't do it anywhere else in Aus, so I just take a whole car park :) I heard Victoria were looking to do away with it. While motorcycling groups in other states are pushing for it.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
really?
jesus if they take parking on the footpath away from us where the hell do we park?
cant park on the road, cars will back into it, people will key it if we take up a parking space
cant win

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm originally from South Australia but lived in Sydney Windsor Penrith area for 6 years. Nine times out of ten I park on the foot parth but sensibley so as not to be in the way of passing foot traffic. Always done the same. Now that I have put the moccas on my self ......

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, this is how they think in San Francisco:

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=464741

Yep, that's $60 for parking a motorcycle in a car spot that is so small no cars ever park in it. And with the processing fee of $3.50, and the original parking fee of $4.50, I dropped $68 USD for a two hour stay in the car park.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, this is how they think in San Francisco:

Yep, that's $60 for parking a motorcycle in a car spot that is so small no cars ever park in it. And with the processing fee of $3.50, and the original parking fee of $4.50, I dropped $68 USD for a two hour stay in the car park.
Same goes in Western Australia; you can get a parking fine for parking your bike in a car space .

The fun bit though is that it only applies for certain Councils (Suburbs).

And unfortunately it is virtually impossible to know in which Councils you can and which you can't (and you aren't allowed to park on footpaths the way you can in Vic) so you end up playing it safe and try to source out the dedicated bike parking bays (which can be few and far between!).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts