MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talking pedal power. I've noticed a few guys here make reference to pedal bikes. So who's got what and how serious are you?

Mine:
'91 Cannondale M800
'03 Cannondale R2000 with Ultegra/DA set up and Mavic Ksyriums
'05 Cannondale Scalpel

I've got about 2,000 miles so far this year. Did 110 yesterday and did the C&O canal a few weeks ago - in one day (187 miles on an MTB - 12.5 hours of pedal time).

Not really sure why some of you guys complain about the comfort of the Brutale seat on "long rides." :devil:

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
when i used to mtn bike i had a lightspeed ocoee, it was similar to my brutale in that people who didn't know bikes would say that it was a cool bike but the second i ran into anyone with knowledge about biked it seemed that i was answering questions for hours

·
Registered
375 Posts
My current road bike is a 04 Cannondale R1000 with Mavic Ksyrium Elites....

Looking at a 07 Cannondale System Six fir my next bike....

I ride approx. 200 miles a week for exercise and recreation.

I find road biking is a great cross training sport with Motorcycling. I agree, 500+ miles a day on my F4 is heaven compared to 100+ miles on my Fizik Pogio saddle !

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Rd. Cervelo Prodigy w/ Ultegra, Dura Ace
Mt. Specialized S-works FSR loaded.

I raced at various levels from '94-'98, was hit by a car in '00 and couldn't bike for over a year.
I've been a full-time bike mechanic at sundry times, and still work part-time for fun.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I grew up racing BMX, then took up roadbikes in high school. Bought a mountain bike in college, but then I bought a dirt bike. Raced adult BMX about 4 years ago, my last race bike hangs from the ceiling in the garage. Oh, learned to ride a unicycle in the sixth grade, and to this day maintain the ability to ride it while juggling...Just in case.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
twoeleven said:
I grew up racing BMX, then took up roadbikes in high school. Bought a mountain bike in college, but then I bought a dirt bike. Raced adult BMX about 4 years ago, my last race bike hangs from the ceiling in the garage. Oh, learned to ride a unicycle in the sixth grade, and to this day maintain the ability to ride it while juggling...Just in case.
Redlines are the coolest.

Heh, I still have my about '88 Haro Sport with Skyway mags which I used to ramp ride on. But I sucked. When I was in school about 10 years ago I thought i would go out and ride BMX so I bought an ELF doublecross cruiser, but I bent the back wheel jumping it and never really fixed it. Then the front wheel got stolen off it when I only locked the frame once... Ugh.

I'm thinking of fixing up the Sport so I can have the coolest pit bike at the track!

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I hear that! My Redline isn't even a pit bike anymore...Sadly, she is only ridden occasionally up and down my street, as it is very hilly here! My attempt to re-enter BMX racing as an adult was hindered miserably by my late thirty's body! It was so much easier when I was 10!!!

But I'm keepin' the bike!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
798 Posts
My ride is a 2002 Serotta Legend TI, campy record, alpha Q fork. I used to have AM Classic sprint 350 wheels until I busted them (and myself) hitting some massive potholes at the base of a hill this past April (or was it May). Now I have Ksyrium SSL wheels (stiff and overbuilt for my weight, but they are bulletproof). I ride 150 to 200 miles a week for fitness and I just picked up a computrainer to ride indoors during the winter months.

And I definitely feel it helps in motorcycle riding. It teaches you to be quiet in the upper body and support yourself with your hips and core.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice ride. I thought I would ask this question to see if people's bikes were on par with their motos. Of course they are. But you're right. Skills do carry over from the bikes to the moto.

The funny part is that when people found out I was buying a moto, I got a few of the usual "motorcycles are dangerous." I countered with "Well, not really anymore dangerous that hitting 52 mph on my road bike in lycra shorts and jersey with a helmet that has more open space than foam."

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Cool bikes Ben, but the seats don't look very comfy for an old duffer like me! :stopp:

·
Registered
419 Posts
ODONATA.. you have Seven!! I love those and always wanted one! If i can ever find the time to ride a bike I would love to get one of those. Never heard of the other one though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Heavy bike with 10 inches of travel =>> Foes dsh mono 2:1 see at www.foesracing.com(2:1 is the compression rate)
for heavy freeride and heavy downhill too :D
Another 6 inches travel commencal supreme fr 6 for treking
And finally an archambaud french bike for road :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Joli vélo tu fais des sorties dans les environs de paris?(fontainebleau etc..)

TRANSLATION nice bike :jerkoff:

If it's a race face atlas crank i've got the same.No problem with bearings on it?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts