MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We,re talking about bikes and not women here....:)

I had a MV F4-750s in Red/Silver 2002 model 6 years ago and always regretted selling it. Spent a small fortune making it as unique and stunning as possible with the following mods:

1. RG3's
2. Carbon fairings painted to the standard colours
3. Magnesium Wheels
4. Power commander
5. EVR Chip
6. Quick shifter
7. HID's

Still remember how she use to ride today, the weight reduction made the handling just perfect. Even today with the 1000R i have with loads of mods i still feel that the smaller 750 i had handled better.

Anyone else remember the one that got away from their previous bikes:stickpoke

AL

·
Registered
674 Posts
I also bought a 750 F4 six years ago, but I have no regrets, cause I still got it!! :love:

The only bike I regret selling was my 1992 Ducati 900 Superlight.....I still miss it. :bawling:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
So accordign to your post, the carbon fiber bodywork is way lighter than the plastics on the bike? I mean the plastics are quite light already I just cant imagine a significant weight reduction being felt but then again what do I know :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Anyone else remember the one that got away from their previous bikes:stickpoke
I bought a very nice '75 Honda CB400f which I loved. I saw an opportunity to pick up a couple of hundred profit and sold it a year later for $2500.

I'm trying to find a replacement.......................and the current prices are north of $5K. :bawling:

·
Registered
99 Posts
!983 BMW R100RS. Bought it new after graduation from college. Sold it three years later. Still miss it. That is why I've kept every bike I've bought since then.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So accordign to your post, the carbon fiber bodywork is way lighter than the plastics on the bike? I mean the plastics are quite light already I just cant imagine a significant weight reduction being felt but then again what do I know :)
No i think you misunderstood, the combination of CF and Mag wheels make a huge diffrence.

·
Administrator
20,396 Posts
Should never have sold my 1990 FZR400 Yamaha. What a sweet little bike that was.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
84 Honda NightHawk 700S

·
Registered
378 Posts
my 888 SP4; beautifull and now value almost double......

·
Registered
142 Posts
No laughing or sniggering.......In my youth i had a Yamaha RD125DX-a wonderful little two/stroke twin, tuned and with pipes!!

Like rocking horse s*@t now

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Yamaha XS650 - pulled like a train from just about zero revs, wide bars and pea shooter pipes.
Also a cracked frame that induced a violent weave as soon as the power was backed off at anything over 70mph. Luckily it had perished carb diaphragms that prevented it going over about 85mph. Real character :eek:

·
Registered
787 Posts
I had a 1994 FZR 600 that I loved. Unfortunately a 90mph low side into a mountain was the end of her... and a titanium rod for me.

·
Registered
674 Posts
888 Sp4

888 SP are simply stunning, would love to own one of these:smoking:
Absolutely cracking bikes - the last of the "raw" Ducatis. Thankfully I learnt from my mistake of selling my '92 Superlight and my SP4 will never be sold. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wish I had never sold my 86 RG500. Original blue & white model with an updated gearbox & stage tune & fitted with bespoke expansion pipes, from swarbrick. It was the bees knees at the time and more fun than any other bike I have ever ridden since. Bikes are too serious nowadays and all four stroke. Tomorrows & some of todays riders have missed out big time!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts