1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour Tous

A guy on another forum asked where to find cable ties like these

Collier MV (409x640).jpg

I had found an address there is a while, but I have so tidy it in favorites that I can not find it, of course ... :D

And it's silly, I had set it aside for my eventual use

If anyone can tell me where to find these cable ties ...

Thanks in advance

Xavier

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
They were exclusive to MVs as far as I know. I've tried to source some, reproduction or original, but with no success. The originals can be removed and reused but require care to avoid damage. possibly made by Ariete and if so thay may still have the dies/moulds and will reproduce them provided there is enough interest (minimum run of a thousand or similar numbers)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the other forum, we found this solution ... for a futur I put it here

To used Ducati rubber straps like this http://www.laceyducati.com/ducati-p...bber-parts-c-175_288_295.html?page=2&sort=20a and punched holes in them

They have different lengths

Her are Ducati parts number :

741.1.010.1A (with a plug)
741.1.012.1A
741.1.013.1A

Ducati calls that clamps or rubber clamps

If it's help ...

Santé

Xavier

·
Registered
276 Posts
This is very interesting! I had no idea these ties were unique to Agusta. I did see them on bikes in the factory museum in Cascina Costa.

What period are they correct for?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
This is very interesting! I had no idea these ties were unique to Agusta. I did see them on bikes in the factory museum in Cascina Costa.

What period are they correct for?
I know the America , my 750 sport and I think the Ipotesi has them which are seventies bikes. Not sure about others that may have them

·
Registered
34 Posts
They were not unique to Agusta. They were used in industrial and automotive wiring. I remember throwing a reel of the strapping and a bag of pins away that had been my Dads when tie wraps came in. He would have been using them any time from the 50's to the 70's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts