MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...... Dainese!!

No kidding, I was wandering around Bloomingdale's department store at The Beverly Center today. Right next to Diesel clothing, True Religion and Lucky Jeans, there was a rack of Dainese motorcycle jackets...... huh? It really looked a bit out of place to me.

None of the protective pads were pre-installed in the jackets, instead they were packaged in a seperate bag that accompanied the jacket.

Since when has contemporary motorcycle protective gear become a fashion statement? I guess it won't be long before I can go to Macy's and expect to get a new Shoei helmet (found in the hat department, of course) .......

Attachments

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
well, dainese was always one of the more 'fashionable' motorcycle apparel labels.... one of my favs anyway....

if non-bikers start buying them, it'll be a bit odd....

·
Registered
647 Posts
These Labels are becoming Iconic

well, dainese was always one of the more 'fashionable' motorcycle apparel labels.... one of my favs anyway....

if non-bikers start buying them, it'll be a bit odd....
Just like brands such as FOX racing, Playboy, Nautica and AlpineStars...mainly cashed up kids have decided will Dainese will be the next cool thing, throwing the pads away. COOL!

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Look at it this way in about a year we will be able to find them real cheap on ebay!

·
Registered
796 Posts
welll motorcycle jackets have always been fashionable in men and women . i am a big fan of vintage motorcycle jackets..i m always on the lookout for them in flea markets..i found a couple so far but they have a tough time finding jackets that can fit my shoulders...i have a motorcycle jacket from the 70's which i got a old guy who used to race sidecars which is in the process of being updated with new lining

the good news is that if this thing catches on,you should expect to buy full dainese protection pads for around 5 bucks on e-bay :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
Something similar happened with surf clothing many years ago when brands such as Rip Curl and Billabong became fashionable and then main stream, but how many of the guys who wear these t-shirts actually surf? One thing Dainese (and Alpinestars) has in common with these brands is that they are not only stylish but are generally durable and they work well to. Just wait til you meet some ponce :jerkoff: prancing around in his Dainese gear & ask him what kinda bike he rides...? Well...I...um...ah...:stickpoke

·
Registered
796 Posts
yeah...i wanna see that guy in a race fit teknic accelerator jacket or something like that...with his arms curled up and with a hump =))

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Not saying it's going to happen but same thing with VISION STREET WEAR in the 80's I was so pissied off as a kid who bought this stuff from skate shops and freinds who had been sponsored by them to come and find them in MACYS which was the death of the great shoe and clothing company! Quick way to generate a lot of revenue in quick period of time.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I love Dainese as well. I ordered their leather pants. Next will be ordering their jacket but damn are they expensive.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I got some dainese thong underwear.....I love them.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I love Dainese as well. I ordered their leather pants. Next will be ordering their jacket but damn are they expensive.

Senna and Tambo owners don't get to whine about anything being too 'expensive'....:stickpoke You must restrict your whining to overheating, and 312KPH....

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
I got some dainese thong underwear.....I love them.

Did you get the leather ones, or the ballistic nylon...The nylon chafes...for me, anyway.

I was going to say that then I will now REFUSE to wear my Dainese stuff...But then I'd be riding in just gloves, boots, and a helmet...My skin is WAY to white for that kind of exposure, sunburn you know.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
796 Posts
well,if you are as white as me,than you will reflect the sun/car lights so you will be far more visible in traffic

·
Registered
499 Posts
i was just in the century city mall bloomingdales, and in the dainese section: there was a ducati! it was (i guess) on loan from beverly hills ducati (it had their plates on it)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hopefully, Dainese doesn't get spoiled by those road-walkers.
Instead, I'd much rather more road-riders wear Dainese.

Wonder when 1-piece suits will be the next trend in Beverly Hills?

Or are those jackets only made for Tom Cruise? Does he even live in
Beverly Hills?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

this the only pic I have of myself in the leathers...I dont know if you can make out the dainese logo or not....it was taken by a phone, so quality is not great.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts