MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
20,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you waiting on Milan show, Alan Cathcart has an article in the latest Cycle News Magazine, page 8:

http://www.cyclenews.com/testride/latestissue.html

where he says that Tamburini has already completed the next generation F4, which funds from sale of Husqvarna to BMW will enable. No word on when production will begin or availbility in the article. Also, there will be a 3 cylinder 675cc bike. Engine design already drawn up and produced in plastic quick proto form for Tamburinin to use in designing the bike.
Expect to see the supersport version at Milan 2009 with production for 2010 model year. Brutale version to follow.

I could not copy and paste the article, so you will have to link to the on-line Cycle News to read it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I love the Triumph Daytona 675. I've ride on it on about 100 kms. It's an amazing bike.

I'm sure MV can do the same... better !

GO !

Can I already order it Claudio ? :mouthwate

·
Registered
395 Posts
A favorite quote from an old interview with Tamburini:

Q:Form or function, which is more important?

Tamburini: The two cannot be separated. A well-designed piece which is nice to look at must also surely be functional. The two things can and must exist together.

Q: You've made at least two ground-breaking motorcycles now, the Ducati 916 and the MV Agusta F4. How many of these remarkable machines do you have inside of you? How many more can we expect?

Tamburini: Any time when I finish a project, I ask myself--how can I top this? However, every day, every month, after a year, life teaches new things, new experiences. Strangely, there's always something new that exceeds what was done before. This is part of life.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thanks for the post...it looks like there will be nothing truly new in Milan this year. Perhaps we will see the same F4 design with the 1080 and Brutale 980 (the "Trophy"?). Now...we need super sleuth 007 to get a hold of those drawings :f4: :stickpoke

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Wow. Good news. Kind of. It's a bit far in the future (i may be dead by then) but I suppose it's good business sense since the focus is on the 312R and would give the 312R a two to three year model run.

The one thing I hope MV doesn't do is hold off too long as let the competition pass them by again like what happened with the F4 750 and the GSXR.

·
Administrator
20,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vatoloco said:
i dislike that magazine,they are always featuring the asain bikes,but i will be the first to buy a 700cc f4
How about 675 F3 ???

Cycle News is all about racing results and news. They do very little in the way of product evaluation or road tests. Being a weekly newspaper, they often have the latest breaking industry news before any other publications in this country.

The way I read Sir Alan's article Tamburini has already completed next generation F4 design, so maybe that will show up at Milan, but the F3 675 is still a year away.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
esq'z me said:
How about 675 F3 ???

Cycle News is all about racing results and news. They do very little in the way of product evaluation or road tests. Being a weekly newspaper, they often have the latest breaking industry news before any other publications in this country.

The way I read Sir Alan's article Tamburini has already completed next generation F4 design, so maybe that will show up at Milan, but the F3 675 is still a year away.
If the 675 has radial valves you can bet it'll be called an F3.

If not they will drop the F as the radial valves are all that Cagiva kept from the original F4 design!
Could be interesting as the radial valves are now 'old' technology.

·
Registered
587 Posts
esq'z me said:
How about 675 F3 ???

then i must be mistaken the magazine im thinking about Always has stupid shootouts 600's vs 1000's ,superbikes Vs Endros

its cycle sumthin?

F3 that makes sence
so is the r312 gonna be the last of the F4?

·
Administrator
20,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The article by Alan Cathcart says F3 675 with "radial valves"....so there you have it.

I don't know how long the link to the on-line Cycle News magazine will be working. It always goes to latest issue and is for only a trial period before making you pay. I could not find a way to copy or cut and paste the article. Maybe someone with full Adobe Acrobat program can do it.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Ozboy said:
2009 for a track bike ...mmm,might be worth the wait.
What do think Craig (Broms)?
hhmmm, I know I didn't mention it last Sunday (I wasn't 100% sure it would happen)...but go check 'Other Marques' edit:here's the linky http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11665

Oz, maybe explains why I didn't (couldn't) go ahead with the CF order!!

and YES, and MV 675 would be a sensational/ideal tracker :yo: ...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ozboy, the F4 has no connection to the radial valves, it's from Ferrari. I kid you not, the F4 engine was first developed as a low cost engine for Ferrari, 4 cylinders, thus the F4 codename.
They abandoned it for some reason(not really working for them I guess, a 4 inline in a Ferrari would have ruined the Enzo legacy) and MV took over the development and gave us the wonderful engines we have on our bikes today.
So, most likely, if they develop a new engine from scratch, won't be called F5 or F3, but then again, who knows ?

Yes, a 675cc 3 cylinder bike would be nice, but for me it must be pretty first, and have all the stuuf that make the F4 such a joy to ride, those are the most important details, because if I want a track/trashing bike, there are plenty of cheap jap bikes to chose from.
I am quite sure Tamburini won't let us down, but like I said before, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes(if you ask me, he didn't do a great job with the Ducati 1098, I mean, it's nice and all, but lacks that "je nai se quis" that would make it special).

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Alexandrus said:
I am quite sure Tamburini won't let us down, but like I said before, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes(if you ask me, he didn't do a great job with the Ducati 1098, I mean, it's nice and all, but lacks that "je nai se quis" that would make it special).
I don't think Tamburini designed the 1098. If he did, it would me much sexier. ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, I might be wrong, but didn't he design it because the 999 design, done by some french guy, was not pleasing(too SF) to the masses ?
Would be interesting to know the truth.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Tamburini designed the 916 and the MV's designs evolved from the 916. The 999 was designed by Mr. Terrorblache who was Tamburini apprentice. The 1098, I'm not sure who designed, but was supposed to be a safe, updated version of the 916.

So, the MV is what the next generation 916 would have looked like had Ducati and Cagiva not split, while the 1098 would be like your neo-retro-916 (sort of like the New Beetle vs. the Original VW Beetle). ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts