Administrator
20,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was in Cathcart's Cyclenews "EuroFile" column last week:

Attachments

·
Registered
746 Posts
Thanks Ed, very interesting. Sounds like a viable candidate........

·
Registered
909 Posts
Viable, yes, but desirable? What I(and I'm sure I'm not alone!) want to see is a buyer who will strive to keep MV unique; a buyer like this may( and I repeat, MAY) use the name as a front for inferior products. I just hope at the end of this scenario that the company is still true to it's history & heritage.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Viable, yes, but desirable? What I(and I'm sure I'm not alone!) want to see is a buyer who will strive to keep MV unique; a buyer like this may( and I repeat, MAY) use the name as a front for inferior products. I just hope at the end of this scenario that the company is still true to it's history & heritage.
Ask KTM and look at their productline.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Ktm is going strong on the 2 wheels, but lost lots of money on the Oxbow , which is atm not being produced (it,s just not selling)

·
Registered
869 Posts
I dont even know if I have ever SEEN a KTM on the street....and it's not exactly because they are exlusive bikes...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Ducati interested,that could be good or bad.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think that would be great:) Then the dealers of ducati would have both the brands to offer. Would suit me just perfect. And we all know Ducati knows what they are doing when it comes to parts supply and accesories. The best from twos and fours:)

I would rather have that then bajajajaj

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I think that would be great:) Then the dealers of ducati would have both the brands to offer. Would suit me just perfect. And we all know Ducati knows what they are doing when it comes to parts supply and accesories. The best from twos and fours:)

I would rather have that then bajajajaj
Yes i was thinking that.But i wouldn't want them to cheapen the brand like Ducati has with there bikes

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yes, but the MV bikes still look much better fit and finish than the Ducatis

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Last time that Ducati 'looked' after MV it was curtains for MV, never to seen again until the Castiglionis' resurrection!

Back in the 70's (this the abridged version) if a company was about to go into receivership, the Government would step to rectify things, make proftable again, sell it and thereby savings jobs etc etc. so was the theory. Of course, the government sought Ducati's expertise on this project as they knew nothing about bikes and the rest is histroy.....the only people laughing where those who bought the unsellable, overpriced 750's that were left over from the disaster.

The circumstances are different this time - kind of.....................

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes, but the MV bikes still look much better fit and finish than the Ducatis
Yes i agree, but i would think they would let mv go about making bikes as they do now. But perhaps use some ideas on aftermarked parts and accesories. after all Ducati are way more profitable company then mv. and in the end, its making money that counts.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My Ducati dealer who is also a HD representative, canceled with Aprilia and Moto Morini by end of 2009, and he started this week with :drummer: MV Agusta !

What could that mean, maybe HD is no more selling MV ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts