MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the variants made to date, which are deemed generally to be the best, or say perhaps,, the most valuable, used?

I see there has been 675, 750, 750S, 800, 910S, 910R, 920, 990, 1000, 1078, 1090 versions.

Which say 3-4 are the pick of the bunch, which hold their value best?

·
Registered
966 Posts
None of them are particularly “valuable” used cause a lot of people are scared off by the Italian stigma. I’ve had a 750S and two 1078RRs one of which I raced and now have a 1090. I only sold the others cause I moved from Australia to Canada. The 750S is the best balanced the 1078S are the quickest and most animal . The 1090 is the smoothest I’ve found probably due to the reduced horsepower output. They have their own personality and I thoroughly loved all of them and toured on them all too , 3 to 4000km trips. They can do anything . Given a choice I would buy another 1078RR in a heartbeat

·
Administrator
19,545 Posts
They are all desirable in their own right. 1078 (2009) would be my pick if I was shopping. But my 910R is probably my favorite of all the bikes I have owned or still own.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
. . . And a MV not ridden is like a Michelangelo that’s never seen. What’s the point
The point is that each owner of this respected marque chooses to enjoy these bikes in their won particular way. Because that particular way might seem indifferent, or not be agreed to by others, doesn't mean that the bike should ONLY be owned by one who chooses to use it on a daily or frequent basis.

There is no requirement for a painting to placed in public exhibition. If an owner chooses to place it in a vault for evermore, that is his means of enjoyment and pride of ownership.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Having ridden en owned a few my choice it the 1078 RR. To ride it might even be my all time favorite motorcycle.

·
Read Only
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't really want to know who likes which bikes best on a personal basis, the question was more about hard values. For example I collect classic cars, well, i have 3, i am not a collector per se and there is a vast difference between what i like and hard nosed VALUE in £££ or $$$. E G I have a 1974 Series 3 E Type V12, rebuilt as a 6.1 with fuel injection rather than carbs and with race-type internals giving not just more reliabilty but 450 bhp, up from the weedy 265 bhp it had originally. But whilst this car would fetch maybe £75,000, a friend's standard Series 1.5 would fetch £125,000. Despite it being unreliable, slow, poorly equipped, crap to actually drive and with dire handling and brakes, etc. If i chose an MV again it would be the 1090R from every report i have read, they tick every box pretty much. I should have gone for one and i may have felt the love a bit more than with my current one.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
You got that answer. None or maybe the 750 oro

·
Registered
537 Posts
Any of the Series Oro maintain value better, because they are the first released and usually blinged up with all the best bits. They also cost the most to start with so your £30k bike maintaining £20k 10 years later does not seem tooooo bad. The Corse models being top of the range also do well.

Generally though MVs are one of the worst bikes for depreciation if you buy new. People are scared by the reputation, a bit like TVR cars used to be like (I had a couple of those too!) Still the depreciation only matters if you sell...if you keep it a long time you get your moneys worth. At least thats my logic :)

If you are a used buyer then a 3 year old (or more) MV is a bargain, because likely its under half price at that point :)

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
There is a 2007 910r starfighter titanium for sale for $11959 with 260 miles on the odometer. It originally cost $30000 from what I understand. So that should give you an idea of how they hold their value

·
Administrator
19,545 Posts
There is a 2007 910r starfighter titanium for sale for $11959 with 260 miles on the odometer. It originally cost $30000 from what I understand. So that should give you an idea of how they hold their value
And that is a particularly RARE Brutale model, especially here in the USA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
And that is a particularly RARE Brutale model, especially here in the USA.
I'm sure it would be a great investment.. as long as you have a protected garage and are willing to keep it in tip-top shape for another 25 years. IMO it takes about 30 years for motos to stop depreciating and become collector's items (as long as they're unique and in good shape). They become more desirable to people who lusted for them as kids and now have enough money to get their dream bike from their impressionable youth. Now as to whether it's worth it $12k and will double in value in the next 2 decades? Probably not. You're better off investing in an index fund. But if you want a show piece to put in your house and care for like a pet it might be rewarding.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
1078 motor is the best motor ever produced from MV

In saying that the Brutale Oro 2020 is the best MV built after the CC

If you wanted the best brutale its the new one 2020 model if you want the bad ass its the 1078

I agree there not really valuable not even the limited editions i mean there arent many bikes that are valuable like say a britten? Green frame? There valuable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We will have to wait a while to see how my newly ordered bike holds it's value. I have just ordered a 2020 MV RUSH. Happy days. They look amazing and that power figure at those rpms! Luvverly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts