MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hi Joe, I followed that project from way back when to completion - I think there's a thread here about it.

Regardless and without grave digging that thread, it is stunning work and its execution of a morphing new into old is nothing short BRILLIANT. Not only the execution but the thought process to come with the idea and make it happen so spectacularly.

I'd happily own that bike, no ifs no buts :) :yo:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Agree with you Joe, it is bloody marvellous!

This is the bike that MV should be looking at doing, with the 3 cylinder motor. My order would be placed well and truly before manufacturing.

I remember reading something about this bike too Rob. Also there are some pictures on here too I think of it at a bike show?

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The bike was built by Jim Bush. I believe he's a Kiwi residient in Canada. Jim is well into Laverdas and also owns a Brutale which he says is his favourite modern era motorbike.

It is without doubt beautiful and a great example of workmanship...and the sound : )). In shorts it's a special and it is " Special"

I understand it is a Brutale 750 motor.

There must have been a whole host of technical challenges in accomplishing this.

joe

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have seen and heard this bike in person. Jim brought it down to the Vashon Island TT year before last, an annual event held by the Washington State VME (Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts) on the Island of Vashon, a 20 minute ferry ride from Seattle. While walking the "downtown" admiring the assembled collection of machines this bike, which I initially mistook for a vintage MV, got my undivided attention. It is flawless. Jim was kind enough to tell us about how he set about building it (Well, I had this MV motor and figured I might as well build a bike around it...). Quite a modest man. I was very pleased when he didn't hesitate entertaining us when I asked if we could hear it. The four into four sounds great! He didn't seem interested in parting with it (no shit!). It is simply beautiful. I want one!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
What a skilled guy this man is, must have been a very interesting project. Hmmmm, I have a spare 750 brute engine in my garage................I wonder!
jimboF4

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
decisions decisions

jimbof4: Do it!
At the moment I am considering taking early retirement, and a project like this really does appeal, if I could get anywhere near the quality of this guys work I would be really happy.

One to think about.

jimboF4

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
The sound of that bike...........I wish I knew how to capture that as my iPhone ring tone.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
That makes the hair on my neck stand up a bit!!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I thought as a Honda man you may possibly appreciate this as well....................its Mike Hailwoods Honda 6 flat out on the Sulby Straight here on the Isle of Man.

:smoking:​
Can't download file......:banghead:

·
Registered
27 Posts
ssjjtt

Hi,

Not too many words.
ssjjtt, listen. It sounds like the bikes from the old days!!
Beautifull!!!!!!!!!!!

Bert

1 - 15 of 15 Posts