MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all the MV enthusiasts out there. I have a few questions of some recents things I've been discovering with my MV (2005 F4 1000s) and was just wondering if anyone else has had/still has the same issues and/or any fixes to the issues.

1) - Off idle, about 1500 - 2500 rpm, flat spot. Almost like she doesn't want to go for a moment then decides, ok, let's move. It's very annoying, especially taking off from a dead stop. Completely stock if you need that info.
2) - Neutral light barely ever coming on. Maybe once in a great while, but typically never illuminated.
3) - The low beam indicator always on, even when switched in high beam mode.

Any info or help that you give me would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
F4&more said:
1) - Off idle, about 1500 - 2500 rpm, flat spot. Almost like she doesn't want to go for a moment then decides, ok, let's move. It's very annoying, especially taking off from a dead stop. Completely stock if you need that info.
I`ll sometimes get that with poor gas. Try to go to the same place for fule that you know is getting a fresh supply all the time and see if that makes a diferance. Or it may be an air fule thing :blah:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Triple Seven said:
#1 should be normal for these bikes......... some intake valve (forgot its name)
I heard a Power Commander would either eliminate or reduce that effect. Personally, I kinda like it. It's sort of like a v-twin kick with the MV say, I wann go!!!

I also have difficulty shifting into neutral when the engine is cold but I only have 125 miles on my bike.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
#1 is unfortunately rather common . While I don't find it as charming as Allan seems to. I do understand that it can be tuned out. I believe James has a some advise that may help. Mine didn't do this when I first got it, but now does. The other two electrical items are not normal (as far as I know) and should be checked by your dealer.
P.K.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
F4&more said:
Hello to all the MV enthusiasts out there. I have a few questions of some recents things I've been discovering with my MV (2005 F4 1000s) and was just wondering if anyone else has had/still has the same issues and/or any fixes to the issues.

2) - Neutral light barely ever coming on. Maybe once in a great while, but typically never illuminated.
3) - The low beam indicator always on, even when switched in high beam mode.

Any info or help that you give me would be great. Thanks in advance.
Read James's FAQ page, I put an article there regarding the F41000 throttle and blipping issues :)

The "low beam" light is just a "lights on" indicator from early F4 days when you coud actually turn them off :jsm:

·
Registered
358 Posts
F4&more said:
Had the same problem when I got my new F4 last month. I printed the articles from the MV FAQ (Tuning 1 - 4) and took them to the dealer at 1st service. I'd talked to the tech previously, and he was agreeable to trying this, and resetting my bike accordingly. The problem is pretty much gone now. There's just the faintest hesitation off-idle, but it's nowhere near as bad as with the factory settings. I don't have to fiddle with the throttle when pulling out from a stop anymore.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nobody seems to have mentioned the aesthetically beautiful but practically crap mirrors! :wtf:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mikef4uk said:
Read James's FAQ page, I put an article there regarding the F41000 throttle and blipping issues :)

The "low beam" light is just a "lights on" indicator from early F4 days when you coud actually turn them off :jsm:
I understand - possibly - that the green light is just an indicator to let me know that my low beam is on - which I am fine with. My issue is that when I run my high beam, it turns off the low beam as it is designed. Well if that is the case, then the low beam indicator should no longer be illuminated when the high beam only is on. Does anyone else agree with this or have the same experience/issue?

·
Registered
257 Posts
john said:
Nobody seems to have mentioned the aesthetically beautiful but practically crap mirrors! :wtf:
My MV didn' come with mirrors. It only has elbowviewers.

:)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Peet said:
My MV didn' come with mirrors. It only has elbowviewers.

:)
Those mirror are much better than the 999's! The 999's are short and stubby. At least the MV's strenches out farther so I can see the other lane better.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Keep in mind that the MV uses a cassette style clutch. Getting into neutral from 1st is almost impossible. Usually you need to go to 2nd first then carefully engage neutral from there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have the issue of getting the bike into neutral, I have the issue with the neutral light barely ever coming on.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I just checked my bike. The green 'lights on' indicator remains on when the Blue main beam lamp is on. I assume my bike is European spec. which may be differs from US spec. :popcorn:

·
Registered
358 Posts
One thing I find particularly annoying is that the horn and turn signal switches are just the opposite from my Falco and FJR. I'm always hitting the horn button when I want to make a turn. I'm going to be in deep shite if I ever have to use my horn in an emergency! :ahhh:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
falcopilot said:
One thing I find particularly annoying is that the horn and turn signal switches are just the opposite from my Falco and FJR. I'm always hitting the horn button when I want to make a turn. I'm going to be in deep shite if I ever have to use my horn in an emergency! :ahhh:
Dude! I've got the same issue! I spent the majority of my time on an '05 FJR until I got the MV's. I have no trouble with the turn signals, but the horn I can never find when I want to. So I'm so 'polite' on the MVs due to lack of finding the horn....

haha...i feel a bit better....not just me. i thought it might be the gloves, so i bought some new ones, coming in the mail.... :naughty:

:conveyer:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
you won't be in trouble, you'll actually be kindly and politely helping the person next to you when you have to swerve. i rarely use my horn, but i do get the hell out of the way. i guess you won't be able to toot at cute chicks though. :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
falcopilot said:
Same problem here!

·
Registered
145 Posts
On my previous S1+1 the Neutral light never functioned well, actually when reving it up it started to iluminate but shaking...! (on/off at a very very fast pace).
My problem with the throtle was to find a middle point past the 4.5K RPM's it would either abruptly accelerate or de-accel, no soft spot.
In order to engage the neutral gear I would always put in in neutral before coming to a complete stop, that was the easiest way.
During the first 200 miles the engine used to die when shifting gears or coming to a stop with the clutch engaged.
I had several issue with mine in the begining.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts