MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you just absolutely been caught misbehaving by our friends in black and white and NOT got a ticket. I mean, you really dodged a bullet, or it was your lucky day, or the LEO had a cup of hot coffee in his lap and just let you go?

It happened to me just a few minutes ago, my head is still spinning!?!?!

I had just come down off of Ortega, my usual weekly sins all tallied up and in the bag, so I was heading towards downtown Elsinore for a refuel. The road I was on was a country road at one point, and mostly still is, but there are now a couple lights along the way, and I stopped for a traffic signal. It was early, not much traffic at all, and two cars crossed in front of me before my light went green. I was still all charged up from my antics on Ortega, so I revved up the Tambo and pulled away lifting the front wheel to about wheel-high, nothing crazy, but far from a touch and go...I even carried it on the throttle a while, but I knew there was another intersection coming so I let her down with a sharp chirp from the front tire. THAT is when I saw the LEO on a bike, not in the intersection but just beyond it, his radar trained right at me. I grabbed all of the clutch and dropped the throttle, he saw me, we made eye contact, and he just smiled and I SWEAR, gave me a thumbs up as I coasted by. I looked in my mirrors to be sure, but all I saw was my elbows.

I can't be the only one this has happened to, and I have no idea why, but I shoulda got a ticket...

Any of you???

I think I'll watch some TV for a while now...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
890 Posts
Have you just absolutely been caught misbehaving by our friends in black and white and NOT got a ticket. I mean, you really dodged a bullet, or it was your lucky day, or the LEO had a cup of hot coffee in his lap and just let you go?

It happened to me just a few minutes ago, my head is still spinning!?!?!

I had just come down off of Ortega, my usual weekly sins all tallied up and in the bag, so I was heading towards downtown Elsinore for a refuel. The road I was on was a country road at one point, and mostly still is, but there are now a couple lights along the way, and I stopped for a traffic signal. It was early, not much traffic at all, and two cars crossed in front of me before my light went green. I was still all charged up from my antics on Ortega, so I revved up the Tambo and pulled away lifting the front wheel to about wheel-high, nothing crazy, but far from a touch and go...I even carried it on the throttle a while, but I knew there was another intersection coming so I let her down with a sharp chirp from the front tire. THAT is when I saw the LEO on a bike, not in the intersection but just beyond it, his radar trained right at me. I grabbed all of the clutch and dropped the throttle, he saw me, we made eye contact, and he just smiled and I SWEAR, gave me a thumbs up as I coasted by. I looked in my mirrors to be sure, but all I saw was my elbows.

I can't be the only one this has happened to, and I have no idea why, but I shoulda got a ticket...

Any of you???

I think I'll watch some TV for a while now...

Griff
twoeleven
Dude, this shows......People who rides MV don't get treated the same
way as people who rides a Ducati or Jap bikes.:smoking:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
last month......clocked 71 in a 40.......in my truck....County deputy stopped me....told me to slow down....

last time on the bike.....past a state trooper cresting a hill on a two lane state highway....going about 110......saw his brake lights and him turn off the rode to turn around as I went over the hill.....never saw his lights light up, so kept going...never saw him again.......if I he would got turned around and lit me up I would have probably stopped.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have to tell you guys that if a cop is running RADAR and you see him it's just too late. That unit is just incredible it catches you long before you probably spot the cop. The biggest thing is the respect factor that you acknowledged him and decreased your speed immediately.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to tell you guys that if a cop is running RADAR and you see him it's just too late. That unit is just incredible it catches you long before you probably spot the cop. The biggest thing is the respect factor that you acknowledged him and decreased your speed immediately.
I figured one of our 'experts' or two would chime in, and I believe you, that makes sense...At the time, I was just thinking it might have been the brotherhood of the bike, AND I wasn't really speeding, nor did I have the nose pointed at the sky completely...Just a little, well, medium celebration of playing with gravity and acceleration, more like a science experiment, really...:blah:

Ride safe, but be quick about it.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Glad you got lucky today, Griff. Not too long ago, I was caught doing 50 in a 35 by a motorcycle cop. When I stopped, he said "let's see your license and registration, son...." I then removed my full faced helmet and he saw that I was far from a "son"..... (I'm 46). He told me to cool it and have a nice day.

I think that this is one scenario when being older actually works for you......I'm not perceived as a squid that most cops love to ticket.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Just this morning, three of us went dual-sporting in a closed off area. Upon exitingthe area two park rangers were "welcoming" us. The took our documents and went back to their truck two right us our tickets. A few minutes later they handed us our licenses back saying tha we got a lucky break because they just received an emergency call to a fire that just broke out. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Mine - Manhattan Beach - Pacific Ave, north bound - going to Rosecrans.
There's a stop sign, maybe 31st street? Anyway, I pull away from the light and lift the wheel into a wheelie. As I go by 35th, there's a cop on a bike, with the radar gun in his hand. Ah crap, I'm busted, so I think. So, I pull over. Cop pulls up next to me and says "You're lucky. I didn't have my gun ready, and I know you were going faster than 30mph. But you're getting a warning. Oh, and you should know that riding with your front wheel off the ground is very unstable."

"Yes, sir. Very unstable. Thank you. Good bye, sir."

LOL. Very unstable....hahahah...maybe he should have told me the brakes on an F4 can be very unstable.

Alex

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
A while back, just after I installed the full MC Corse slashcut system, I was coming home from a long day of training in Westlake village area, it was about 6pm and when I went from the busy 101S to 405S, for some reason there wasn't much traffic, so I indulged myself by going a little faster(okay, a lot) than the law allows, passing cars after cars for a few miles and enjoying the roar of the new sound of my MV and the responsiveness of the new power delivery curve, all of the sudden, flashing red and blue behind me...

"FACK.... " I thought, start to pull over, and instead of pulling over on the side of 405, I rode and exited at the next exit for safety reason, while waiting at the bottom of the exit ramp to make the right turn to pull over to the side of the road, the LEO on his motorcycle pull up next to my bike...

"I was trying to get you to pull over to the side of the freeway and just talk to you so you don't have to get off the freeway... Anyway, where are you going? what's the big hurry?"

"I am going home to Culver City, officer, just had a long day and going...." just as his radio dispatcher confirmed my MV is registered to me in Culver City.

"Slow down man... I know how it is, I ride off duty too and I know how it is on these sports bike, I go like hell too but I have to tell you: SLOW DOWN!"

"THANK YOU OFFICER!!! THANK YOU!!! I will slow down, I will!!!!! THANK YOU!!!" I shook his hand...

"No Problem, ride safe...BTW, NICE BIKE!!"

That was my lucky day

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
motorcycles only? or autos as well? if motorcycles, i've only been pulled over once. here on base. i was warming my tires and they thought i was drunk. i had to do a field sobriety test at 11 AM. idiots.

as for autos, i've been pulled over more times than i can count. only 3 tickets, tho. lol! 92 MPH in 70 MPH construction zone: warning. 86 in 70: warning. 52 in 25: warning. 75 in 55: warning. doing donuts in my Camaro in an industrial area... a $2,200 ticket, warrant for my arrest and license suspended. then i went to court, turns out the officer lied (told the court i was street racing, thus the high dollar ticket). i told the judge what actually happend: "i was being stupid and having a little fun by MYSELF." i told the Judge i was moved to Japan on 3 Feb (i got the ticket 11 Jan) that's why i couldn't make it to my first trial. "why did you move to Japan?" asked the judge. "i'm in the Air Force." so i showed him my military ID, told him i was deploying to Iraq very soon and wanted to take care of this ticket now. price was reduced to $476, no probation, no community service, no warrant, license re-instated, a "Thank you for your service," and off i went.

the whole time i was scared shitless.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
This is winding the clock back a bit but I was doing a wheelstand up this road at about 100kph (in a 60 zone but in my defense it was a around midnight on a stretch of road with no entry/exits with parklands on both sides) when a car comes over the crest and the lights come on.

When they ask for my license I give them my mates details as I was riding unlicesed at the time and all was well as the details checked out (no photo id at that time) until they decided to check me for drugs...none on me which led them to my real id in the lining of my jacket...

so I fessed up and told them that I had lost my license for DUI (DWI for our oversears friends) though I had only lost it because at the time I was still on my probationary license for the bike when I was pulled over by a breath testing station but only registered.03...had I been in a car I would have been able to .08 but on my P's the limit is .00...even though I had been on a bike longer than I had been behind the wheel I had been slack about doing the test.

So off goes one of the officers to check my details and returns to inform me that I in fact do have a current license :wtf::wtf::wtf: and that I should get my facts straight before I start giving false id's :nutkick:(I had only served about six weeks of a twelve week suspension) ...anyway he said they would overlook it and that was it, they got back in thier car and drove away.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is great!!! I love reading these things...Every once in a while we seem to catch a break...

J-spec, you may NOT borrow my car!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
had plenty but a few stick out in my memory.

one when i was 17 and on my RGV250. fairly clueless on doing tricks on a bike and generally rode like a tit, anyway i was on the way to a mates house and part of the route see's me go over a nice little hump back bridge which always led to a half hearted wheelie.

so i fly over this humpback and do a crappy wheelie before crashing back down to earth only to hear the usual police siren and half the street light up in blue:(

cop gets off his bike and says to me.

"evening evel, didn't know you were into bird watching?"

cue a confused look and a "huh?" in reply

"well the way you had that headlight pointed at the sky i thought you were looking for some rare birds"

"oh erm, you saw that then"

"yes and not very impressive either"

he checks my details etc and finishes off with "it might be wise not to act like a tit infront of police to avoid being pulled, now bugger off before i change my mind"

"yes sir, thank you sir" :D

once got pulled for speeding on the M1, bearing in mind i came round the corner at 170mph (on the clock btw) and got pulled as i was coating up behind traffic the copper seemd quite suprised that i was so happy to take a ticket for 95 in a 70........he did say that he knew i was going way faster but at the points they timed me 95 was the nicer side of 100 that they could book me at. never been so releaved to receive 3 points in my life.

then there was the time that i was going to snetterton (race circuit in the UK) early one morning and borrowed a mates old GSXR750 that had an orignal kerker banshee system on it, think of a very loud bike then times that by 5 and you'll get the idea of how loud this thing was.

hacking along the nth circular dual carriageway at 7am with barely another vehicle in sight and thoroughly enjoying myself. along the way you have to go through a few underpasses, well it's the law to nail the bike through an underpass isn't it;) so i duly oblige. the odd thing was i started to notice that any car i got close to from behind would instantly pull over for me, how polite i thought, so i'd overtake and then nail it off into the distance. it wasn't untill i needed to pull off the nth circ onto the M11 that i looked over my shoulder to check that i was ok to cut across the 4 or 5 lanes of merging roads that i spotted the traffic police car behind me with it's blue lights on:eek: and some rather angry looking coppers pointing to the side of the road for me to pull over......oooooooops. it appears that they had been following me for about 8 or so miles whilst i blissfully nailed this thing up to about 130 or more in a 50

after all that all they said to me was "glad you pulled over cos we were having trouble keepign up with you, what is it by the way"

after me explaining what it was (streetfightered gsxr750) they said that maybe investing in some nice mirros might be an idea as had it been later in the day i woul dhave been well and truely nicked but as it was they told me to fuck off and go a bit slower.

they're the funnier ones that i can remember:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I figured one of our 'experts' or two would chime in, and I believe you, that makes sense...At the time, I was just thinking it might have been the brotherhood of the bike, AND I wasn't really speeding, nor did I have the nose pointed at the sky completely...Just a little, well, medium celebration of playing with gravity and acceleration, more like a science experiment, really...:blah:

Ride safe, but be quick about it.

Griff
twoeleven

It kind of goes both way some officers will let you slide a little more because you do ride. And then there are the officers that will hunt you down because you ride...It really just depends on the violation and the officer...

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I'm a 20 year old extremely poor college student (35 years ago in 1973). I've worked my ass off all summer saving $1500 to spend on the engine of my '67 911. This was when used 911's were cheap ($3500). Maintenance, on the other hand, was not! I've just gotten it out of the shop yesterday....and it's really running fine!

I'm coming home from yet another unsuccessful attempt with the ladies (pre Jackie) :naughty:....It's 2:00 AM on Sunday morning....The weather was cool for an August night....you get the picture?

Well, I'm cruisin at 120MPH in a 65MPH zone. Am I looking in my mirrors? Why, hell no, what do you think? :smoking: I'm not worried about what's behind me at 120MPH! I get off at my exit, roll up to the red light, and wait patiently for it to turn green...Barney comes screaming up beside me, and he's really pissed!

So, did I successfully talk myself out of this? Who you kiddin? I did successfully talk myself out of being hauled immediately off to jail. I'm still living at home with the parents, and living essentially on their payroll. My Dad would not approve, as you might imagine! :jsm:

I had to hire an attorney for $300 that I did not have, pay a fine and court cost of $300 more, that I did not have. Six hundred bucks might as well have been a million...On the other hand, I did successfully keep this incident from my parents, and kept my car and license for another day.....

Overall, I had a good day! Kept my license, kept my car, kept in my parents good graces......:) Did it slow me down? Naaaah, who'm I kiddin?

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
The first week and a half I had my MV I got 2 speeding tickets.:jsm: moron! :jerkoff:
I hadn't had a ticket for 3-4 years. And I rode everyday.
A friend of mine told me about this laywer named Mr. Ticket. He said give him a call he'll get you off the hook. Yeah right I thought.I forked out $99 per ticket, faxed over the tickets and thought o.k. this is a little wierd. After a month or two the first one got dismissed! I'm thinking to myself there's no way in hell both are going to be. Sure enough last Monday I got a letter from him saying case dismissed. Best 198 bucks I've ever spent. Cause they were some pricey tickets!

:f4:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
"THANK YOU OFFICER!!! THANK YOU!!! I will slow down, I will!!!!! THANK YOU!!!" I shook his hand...
You are such a weenie, Ben........:stickpoke "THANK YOU OFFICER!! THANK YOU!!! May I kiss your ass now Officer? THANK YOU!!!:shitfan:

·
Administrator
20,349 Posts
Come on Randy....what do you think you were trying to do when you got tagged in your old 911???? You would of kissed Barney's ass too if you thought it would get you out of the ticket. :stickpoke

1 - 20 of 48 Posts