MV Agusta Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Rob i also was waiting with checkbook in hand for the RCV213 V-4 Superbike when list price was supposed to come in at around 35,000, Then when it announced it was going to be 80,000$ in 160 HP? tune and 120,000 in 200 HP? tune my checkbook went back in my pocket as fast as Clint Eastwood drew his 6 shooter LOL

The new CBR1000RR-R better perform better than the 120,000 RCV213 as it was Hype than Hyper performance .

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Nigel,can you imagine how the guy who bought a 120,000$ Honda RCV213 feels right now? You know he has to crying in his beer right now LOL
No Jake. I am sure he wouldn't be crying.

In my view, this new RR-R will have no effect on the appeal and ownership of the RC213V-S. The RC is totally different and is produced as a full-house Moto GP race bike able to be road registered, whereas the new 2020 RR-R is built as a track-focused bike but aimed at recapturing the high end sports bike market.

It is perhaps similar to comparing the RC30 of old to the then VF750 (Interceptor) or the VTR SP-1 and 2 to the VTR Firestorm. Different bikes for different folks with different levels of affordability.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Nigel I think the RC213v owner is crying in his beer because of the 120,000$ price AND the RCV213V was never developed. Hell everyone makes a production Superbike that beat the RC213V and cost 20,000$ . I was ready to buy the RCV213V when it was originally supposed to cost around

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
35,000$ Now im glad i didnt buy one even at 36,000... BTW Nigel lost thread but saw a Triumph Sprint st1050 trimmed down back to being a sportbike with British TTS supercharger kit...WQW 460lbs curb weight 220 RWHP and the unique ForgedChrome moly chassis stood up to the HP phenominally. The bike was blowing everyone off the roads/twisties and the straits. ONLY THE BRITS would think of matching the stiff Chrome Molly box section chassis with Supercharging unit . BTW they did the suspension up also Nitron best race shock in rear Ohlins RT forks .. Grip ONE pro aftermarket traction control It was actually out performing the brand new bikes out = Something you dont see much anymore

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The Triumph Sprint ST1050 was originally supposed to be a pure Superbike and at the last minet decided to go S[prt tourer and not get into Superbike HP manufacrure race. IMHO Triumph should have went with a 1350cc Sprint Superbike. I would buy that model tomorow if they made it FYI The triumph Sprint st 1050 has literally 60lbs of Sport touring bags harware, grab rails ect You can buy one MINT for 3000/3500 unbolt the sport touring bard/bags ecr and you have a great track day bike

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Nigel would you choose the rc213v or CBR10000RRR if BOTH where 25,000$? . . .
Ah, now that we have Triumphs off the HONDA thread, I'll chime in! :D

You present an interesting, AND tough question. On first thoughts, I'm not sure. But I think with the visual appeal, and the fact of the V4 as something different from the inlines, I'd choose the RCV. For me it's not all about total bhp, but the aesthetics and rideability. I would also hope that the RCV is not a tight ergonomic fit, but as a race bike descendant (as is the RR-R) I'd suspect it also has rearsets up near my shoulders.

Shame is at the moment I cannot give you a report on the RR-R. Honda UK and my dealer is in lockdown, so I cannot collect the bike.:( Hopefully in early May is the best projection.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The problem I have with the RCV213V is Price ,performance and Hondas half arsed commitment to the project. I like everyone else wanted Honda to go ALL out with a NEW VFR1000RR-R LOL
The TRIUMPH SPRINT ST 1050 I was decribing to YOU Nigel being your a Brit. The Forged Chrome Moly Box section chassis works so well with the 220 rear wheel HP its amazing to see. Irony its on a Sport touring bike ? And the Supercharging kit costs only 6000$ (when it was available) I have seen 5 of these builds all where spectacular.

·
Registered
301 Posts
ahhhh -- Blades ... You can only love them .. :love:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
R they both urs Nigel?
very nice model there
Yeah, Rob. Been holding out on you. McAfee won't sanitize my emails.

Got the second one on eBay for a good price. I think some of us discussed in a different thread that there would be some cheap bikes going as some became financially disadvantaged through Covid-19. Not the greatest feeling buying in such a situation, but I guess we're both winners in the long run.

I think you'd be hard going to see these in Oz. Only a few over there. Were all made for the USA/Canada (so I believe) to commemorate Erion Racing's AMA Superbike wins in the 90s: http://www.erionracing.com/(y)

121 - 139 of 139 Posts