MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Sweet! nice to see the bikes used Dave, so, the million dollar question, which do you like riding the best?? :)

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
There were a couple of threads on this day out.
One has been posted on this thread already and this other one has the magazine article from Bike Rider magazine.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51200&page=3

Mike, on the track the journos (Kev & Glen) preferred the 312R.

Me, using them the vast majority of the time on the road, I'm thinking that these bikes are like 3 different wines from the same vineyard.
They are certainly different enough that you'd be able to tell the difference in a blind test ride - up until you fell as riding a bike blindfolded is not a particularly good idea.

So I guess it depends on your mood. If you're looking for a spirited ride through some sweeping corners the Tamburini is the one to go for - from 4,000 towards the top of the redline that bike just sounds sooooo beautiful. Picture a twisty tree lined stretch of tarmac in the sun and a Tamburini and nothing to do but take in the scenery and feedback from such a beautiful bike - that's the best of the lot for that job. The sound of that bike is significantly different to the other two. Maybe that came over on the video but the difference on the bike is very striking. You will never get tired of opening the taps on a Tamburini just for the joy of that sound.
Then lets say you wanted to have a crack at a track day - I'd agree with Kev & Glen. That's where the 312R is at its best and it does trump the other two. A very capable point to point bike, it has the best suspension fitted and a more than adequate engine.
So, the F4CC? Where does that fit in?
That F4CC makes a journey more special than most destinations. I guess to explain what I mean by that is riding an F4CC to just about anywhere is going be more memorable than the location you arrive at. An incredibly rare thing to see one out and about no matter where you are in the world. Some of my very close friends have ridden that bike and as a result it has more importance to me than the components that make up the bike.

If I had to sell two and could keep only one - I'd keep the F4CC.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Enjoyed the video immensely! Good job Dave!!!!

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry Guys. I didn't know this video link had been previously posted..

Try to keep up guys
Wasn't that what the race leader said last time out, just before you was lapped ?

:laughing:

Great collection of MV's David and I agree with you about the F4CC.. In my opinion, the best and highest spec MV has made to date..

Look after that little lot..

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
One has been posted on this thread already and this other one has the magazine article from Bike Rider magazine.

Me, using them the vast majority of the time on the road, I'm thinking that these bikes are like 3 different wines from the same vineyard.
They are certainly different enough that you'd be able to tell the difference in a blind test ride - up until you fell as riding a bike blindfolded is not a particularly good idea.

So I guess it depends on your mood. If you're looking for a spirited ride through some sweeping corners the Tamburini is the one to go for - from 4,000 towards the top of the redline that bike just sounds sooooo beautiful. Picture a twisty tree lined stretch of tarmac in the sun and a Tamburini and nothing to do but take in the scenery and feedback from such a beautiful bike - that's the best of the lot for that job. The sound of that bike is significantly different to the other two. Maybe that came over on the video but the difference on the bike is very striking. You will never get tired of opening the taps on a Tamburini just for the joy of that sound.
Then lets say you wanted to have a crack at a track day - I'd agree with Kev & Glen. That's where the 312R is at its best and it does trump the other two. A very capable point to point bike, it has the best suspension fitted and a more than adequate engine.
That F4CC makes a journey more special than most destinations. I guess to explain what I mean by that is riding an F4CC to just about anywhere is going be more memorable than the location you arrive at. An incredibly rare thing to see one out and about no matter where you are in the world. Some of my very close friends have ridden that bike and as a result it has more importance to me than the components that make up the bike.

Great answer there Dave :yo:

Wasn't that what the race leader said last time out, just before you was lapped ?

:laughing:
Hey, that's not what he called me :).

·
Registered
5,193 Posts

Nicely summed up, thanks Dave :)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
lmfao

:laughing::laughing:

I like that... Old Queenie really looks pissed off and the bird solute suits her expression..

Good find!

It's something I keep for my Irish mother-in-law John, it took me a while to post it, not sure if everybody would laugh at it.

PS. Never been lapped, still dreading the first time though :naughty:.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Great viewing..,I loved it. Really well done.,and those bikes are beautiful.
Congrats to Dave and the guys!
Brian.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Great viewing..,I loved it. Really well done.,and those bikes are beautiful.
Congrats to Dave and the guys!
Brian.
Agreed! One exception: Melanie's the one to keep.....then the Tambo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts