MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years ago I saw the SP01 and fell in love. It was my first exposure to MV brand bikes. Told myself "someday I will own it" well I didnt own that exact bike, but close (blue/silver F4). What MV first captured you and brought you into the world of MV?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I saw Phil Read and Giacomo Agostini race bikes at Goodwood Festival of Speed a couple of years ago. I think that did it.

My MV's just captured my wallet!! :)

Si

·
Registered
83 Posts
It was last year I walked into awiner's garage, laid my eyes on that F-4 and just about came in my pants!

The second I saw it I told myself I would own one...and now I finally do. :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
January of 2006. Walked into the Wash DC Bike Show to see a lot of bikes in one spot and try and narrow down what I wanted to get. Yams, Hondas, Buells, BMW.....All nice, shiney new bikes. Then I walked past the MV both and literally did a double take when I saw the Brutale sitting there. Sat on it and knew right there, that it was the bike I wanted.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
CD3KD said:
It was last year I walked into awiner's garage, laid my eyes on that F-4 and just about came in my pants!

The second I saw it I told myself I would own one...and now I finally do. :D
I got teary eyed when I saw my first MV in a dealer show room in April of 2001. :bawling:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Oro from the first pic in 97´
From this point, she was on my "must have" list.

I got really hooked on the F4, as I saw here live 99´ at the INTERMOT in Munich :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

And then, after my highschool I bought a F4 750 in 2003 :smoking: :naughty: :)
This spring, I changed the small one to the 1K.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
The original Senna 750... in one of the Euro mags. I had always loved the F4 lines, but the traditional red/silver didn't appeal to me. I generally prefer monochromatic colors and especially don't like color changes at body panel joints. (Please no flames from the traditionalists... I love them all, just PREFER other options to red/silver.)

The red wheels just put it over the top for me. Still wanted a full 1000, though, so I'm glad the product has evolved as it has.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
A 750S America just like the one JSM has just acquired, in fact the local dealer in my home town had two of them, I was a teenager with my nose pressed up against the showroom window like a little kid looking in a candy store window. :king:

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
02 F4 Senna. I was impressed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was searching around ebay for a ducati and saw a silver F4. Never saw anything like it and I was hooked then I knew I would have to own one someday.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Year 2000, driving around Lugano and popped into the Ducati dealer there looking for parts for a 916. Salesman takes me into the service area and shows me this all blacked out SPR with carbon everything! No logos in sight. Tells me he's prepping it for Prince Albert and delivering it down to Monaco himself for the test ride. I acted suitably impressed just so he could let me fawn on it longer.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I always loved the F4. But the Tamburini really hitted me.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
1967...... Ballacraine corner TT time....that was the start..... 1999, the F4 in pics...as has been said before ....i had to have one.... been there done that, don't buy the Koolart t shirt they are shit!!

time has moved on, still love the F4 but the 910 R is pure sex :naughty:

·
Registered
822 Posts
I dont know what year, but i walked into a local dealer (extreme) on long island to see an all blacked out, carbon fiber f4 sitting up high on an elevated stand. It grabbed me, but I dismissed the idea almost immideatly as I was currently employed by my family's Harley dealership.

Then, about a month ago, I walked into gold coast motorsports to look at an Aprillia Tuono when the Brutale caught my eye, it was almost hidden in a corner. My heart skipped a beat, I threw my wallet at the nearest salesman,and the rest is history.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
It was 1972, Agostini won the 350 and 500 world championship defeating the great Jarno Saarinen. It was the first time I was interested by bike races and that fast italian red-silver bike really "captured my heart"; I was ten and all I could do about MV was to purchase a model kit of Ago's bike.
After many years when I saw the new-born F4 I realized that something was still alive and waiting after all those years, and finally some month ago I could fulfill the dream of a little boy... :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hadn't owned a bike for 20+ years - went looking ... sales people wouldn't even say hello to me in the Honda, Yamaha, MV dealership!!!!

Was itching to buy a bike ...went up the road and bought a Suzuki GSXR 600.

Had briefly looked at the MV's in the shop .... went back a year later after 16000kms on the Suzi and bought one of the MV's that had been in the shop a year earlier!

Can't wait for my next Sunday buzz/ride!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts