MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I think my F4 SR is 146hp and thats a 750cc. That's pretty impressive.I would imagine the power/weight would give awesome performance

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Interesting read....

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I agree with Mr. C below. If you aren't able to increase production, then money spent on racing would be better used elsewhere especially when you don't have deep pockets funding you (like when HD was around). Why? Because racing promotes brand awareness to those that don't know who you are. But if you're only selling 4 to 8K bikes a year and don't want to produce 40,000 (like Ducati), then your budget is better spent developing, producing, and marketing it to those who know and can appreciate it.

On racing

“If you go and look at the sales of the Yamaha R1, Valentino Rossi won a couple championships with Yamaha, but the sales of that bike did not increase. Ducati is racing and spending tens of millions per year on racing, but you see that to increase their volume they’re focussing on non-sport models.”

“I fully believe that racing is not linked to an increase in production of the existing models we have. I think that racing is really necessary and great for the health of the company in terms of being recognized by a larger group of people. Even my grandmother knows Ducati now, because of racing. But that’s the good part of racing, concerning sales? I don’t believe there is a connection.”

“For the amount of bikes that we want to do, I don’t think that we need to race. For two reasons: First, because it doesn’t increase sales. Second, because racing is expensive and MV needs to develop its product, not go racing. There is another reason. Racing in the Italian Superbike Championship, that we won, we saw that our engineers, they don’t care any more about the production, they just want to race. We need to focus on our product.”

On the EICMA motorcycle show

“We haven’t decided yet if we are going to EICMA or not. The main reason is that I don’t really believe that EICMA is so important for MV and, especially at the moment, I would like to concentrate on the economic efforts of the new company into the new products. So spending $1 million for five days? It is better to spend it on the product.”

“But, maybe we will just go with the F3. Just a big white cube, sort of trendy architectural stuff with just the F3 inside so that people see that MV is there, that we’re investing in new product and that the F3 is designed and ready to go. I think this is a good message to go to everyone, but without having a very big spend. We may go just to show our clients that the F3 is there and that they should wait another 10 months before buying something.”

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Very interesting ! Thank You for the link. What Giovanni said sounds reasonable and honest to me. To bad that we have to wait another Year for the F3. Well time to safe money for it. It just sounds to good. I want one no matter what.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The F3 sounds great. It will probaby have around 120 at the rear wheel. The only problem with building a really small bike is that smaller people are the only ones who enjoy riding it, except under track conditions where you are only on it for a small amount of time. The biggest complaint I have heard about the Brutale 750/910/1078 bikes is that they only work well for people under 6 feet tall. I think the only way MV can go racing is with a privateer team or to acquire a deep pockets sponsor. I don't think you would find Ducati participating in racing without Marlboro, Alice and Xerox paying most of the bill. I wish them all the luck in the world. I think my wife will be very interested in the Brutale 675.

·
Registered
12 Posts
also very interesting to read the pricing comment about selling in the US? perhaps it could be seen as a loss-leader into other sales i.e. f4

·
Registered
909 Posts
also very interesting to read the pricing comment about selling in the US? perhaps it could be seen as a loss-leader into other sales i.e. f4

The last thing MV need at the minute is to sell bikes at a loss to the U S of A!!!!! or anywhere else for that matter! If they are only going to be a small producer, surely every sale counts; better to sell elsewhere at a profit, I say!

·
Registered
272 Posts
The F3 sounds great. It will probaby have around 120 at the rear wheel. The only problem with building a really small bike is that smaller people are the only ones who enjoy riding it, except under track conditions where you are only on it for a small amount of time. The biggest complaint I have heard about the Brutale 750/910/1078 bikes is that they only work well for people under 6 feet tall. I think the only way MV can go racing is with a privateer team or to acquire a deep pockets sponsor. I don't think you would find Ducati participating in racing without Marlboro, Alice and Xerox paying most of the bill. I wish them all the luck in the world. I think my wife will be very interested in the Brutale 675.
I honestly think it's up to the individual. I'm 6'3" and have owned 2 F4's and 2 Brutale's. I currently own 1 of each. I love the bikes and don't fine them uncomfortable. I rode my Brutale 1078RR
200 miles yesterday non-stop (except for gas) and was fine. My only complaint is the stock seat is a liittle hard. I love both bikes.

Something really strange is - I used to race an Aprilia RS250. People would make fun of me for my size on such a little bike, but I would just laugh (as I passed most of them) :) That was
one of the funnest bikes I've ever owned. I imagine the F3 would be a blast too if it's as compact and lite as they're leading on.

I wouldn't hesitate buying any small bike as long as it has leg room. The only bike I really liked that didn't have good leg room was the Ducati Sport 1000. Typical of the Terblahhhh designs.

Everyone will have their own opinion when it's released. I won't judge it's rider capacity until I sit on one, or better yet - ride one!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I think MV getting into racing would be a very good Marketing tool in increasing brand awareness. People still confuse MV with Ducati's for crying out loud! They need the name out there and racing is a great place to start. It worked very well for BMW with the S1000!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I think MV getting into racing would be a very good Marketing tool in increasing brand awareness. People still confuse MV with Ducati's for crying out loud! They need the name out there and racing is a great place to start. It worked very well for BMW with the S1000!
The factory is the smalest one out there, they have the least cash of the whole bunch. Just be glad they can get a bike or two of the factory floor:) If mv where to go racing again, it would have been with harley as owners, as we all know this dident happen. The chanches for going racing again now is almost like zero

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The factory is the smalest one out there, they have the least cash of the whole bunch. Just be glad they can get a bike or two of the factory floor:) If mv where to go racing again, it would have been with harley as owners, as we all know this dident happen. The chanches for going racing again now is almost like zero
Doesn't have to be top level stuff. Just local racing.

We had Kevin Curtain on an F4 in the Australian Superbikes but that died in the ass :(

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
But didn't Kevin Curtain do so well in such a short time on the MV, now the Trinder Brothers are racing Ktms or are they A prilia?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts