MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Just out of interest, what does it cost to register a 1000 cc bike for 12 months in England?

·
Registered
386 Posts
:yo:Same in Australia this year, less crap hanging of bike.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Just out of interest, what does it cost to register a 1000 cc bike for 12 months in England?

I guess Dave that an interesting question by way of comparison is how much on average are the fixed costs of an F4.or Brutale ..ie before you get to put fuel in it or wear the tyres or run up service bills ?

F4 is £ 78.00 per year road tax

I pay £ 500.00 insurance...

approx £ 30.00 for an MOT test

That is £ 608.00 or approx £ 50.00 per calendar month.

How does this compare ?

joe

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Hi Joe and thanks for your answer Ackers.

Well, regarding compliance costs, each 1000 cc bike will cost you about $570 NZ Dollars to register for 12 months. The vast majority of this is Accident Compensation Corporation levies. This funds the public health system in New Zealand - apparently. Warrant of fitness costs (the equivalent of an MOT test) will be around $40.

About half that to register a car with the same warrant of fitness costs.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You folks are lucky... $2600 a year for my F4 here in Saskatchewan... Our Registration/insurance is similiar to New Zealand's I'm guessing Castle. That's one of the reasons they keep raising our insurance, they "say" they refund the health system.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Hope they do away with the MOT disc as well. Cause at the moment you have to find a place on your bike for 'two' disc holders...and no matter how discreet you are they're still..., 'in your face!'
Brian.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Oh did I mention they're trying increase motorcycle insurance by an AVERAGE of 100%... But hey at least we don't have these disc things you guys seem to hate so much...

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Oh did I mention they're trying increase motorcycle insurance by an AVERAGE of 100%... But hey at least we don't have these disc things you guys seem to hate so much...
Crazy stuff!
I'll take the 'lesser of two evils'!..........those prices would rule me out of biking! it's extortion.:jsm:
And the discs are now gonna be history (thank goodness).
Brian:)

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
California

California;
yearly registration (sticker goes on plate) $120
insurance 1 year full coverage ~$400

here's the kicker;

NO;
MOT, Warrant of fitness, sound test, smog test...... inspections......ever

:drummer:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Pennsylvania USA...............
$18 a year registration
$20 annual inspection
$350 a year insurance, full coverage w/more than required liability
My friends in Quebec are envious!

Ed :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
gotojoe said:
I guess Dave that an interesting question by way of comparison is how much on average are the fixed costs of an F4.or Brutale ..ie before you get to put fuel in it or wear the tyres or run up service bills ?

F4 is £ 78.00 per year road tax

I pay £ 500.00 insurance...

approx £ 30.00 for an MOT test

That is £ 608.00 or approx £ 50.00 per calendar month.

How does this compare ?

joe
How old are you Joe? if insured on it's own (as opposed to a multi-bike policy) my F4s insurance renewal has been quoted at £126. Combined with my TL on a multi-bike policy it's £270 .... both fully comp, 5k miles pa max. Oh, I am old (well, late middle aged :naughty: ), fat and sad .......

I would be happy to pay more and have basic third party only insurance included in vehicle tax - at least that way you would avoid "unisured driver" accidents .....

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would be happy to pay more and have basic third party only insurance included in vehicle tax - at least that way you would avoid "unisured driver" accidents .....
What about the un-taxed ones though?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
How old are you Joe? if insured on it's own (as opposed to a multi-bike policy) my F4s insurance renewal has been quoted at £126. Combined with my TL on a multi-bike policy it's £270 .... both fully comp, 5k miles pa max. Oh, I am old (well, late middle aged :naughty: ), fat and sad .......

I can't answer the first , but lets say I am somewhere of an age between coal and Prince George :) but much, much closer to the former.

I insure with Carole Nash and I have a 6 wheel policy.... I know the MV is a massive part of the premium which is close to £ 1000.00 per year.

I'm going to shop around this time and I'd be interested to hear of who you insure with. If you could pm or let me know on here I'll be grateful for your advice.

cheers

joe

·
Registered
404 Posts
My insurance is a rather healthy £290 a year at the moment with 8yrs NCD. Being 27 I am still "High risk" as we are all lunatics in the UK apparently.

MV-Moose having met Joe his mental age is about 18 :stickpoke

Joe a 6 wheel policy at that price is dirt cheap, your MV should being nearing a modern classic policy soon. Mine hit it in 2012, as any bike of 10 years old can be bumped onto one of these.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Hi Dan,

18 , Hey now I feel cool and with it :smoking: or do you just mean I missed a term at skool ? ha ha

Next time at the airfield I'll bring my F4..It would be nice to get a line of Mvs outside the cafe there..

Roll on the summer :)

joe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts