MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
slo-zone said:
Did he happen to mention anything about the exhaust systems for the '06 R owners?
I don't know what would be a reasonable time after purchase to get something that's promised to you. At some point, someone will likely take action for compensation.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
herrsonic said:
I don't know what would be a reasonable time after purchase to get something that's promised to you. At some point, someone will likely take action for compensation.
action for compensation?
that is ridiculous
it's a small italian company
they could have HELD the bikes until the 3rd-party outsourcer made those headers...

of course......
this IS america..... land of "sue for anything"



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
spalding12 said:
action for compensation?
that is ridiculous
it's a small italian company
they could have HELD the bikes until the 3rd-party outsourcer made those headers...

of course......
this IS america..... land of "sue for anything"
Not as ridiculous as you think. I'm not going to do it because I have other things to do, and I'm not a practicing attorney. But it's possible as it just takes a disgruntled customer and a willing lawyer. If they had held the bikes until they had the headers, they wouldn't have exposed themselves to a possible action. But MV wanted to get these bikes out sooner and they wanted to sell these bikes, otherwise people's money may have gone to a competitor's brand. You're right ... "this is America" ... and if the law allows it, it can and may happen. I'm not trying to provoke a fight, and I actually don't mind the wait because I have 8 other bikes I can choose from. But I suspect there are some people out there who are unhappy about the wait. Just because MV makes a good bike doesn't mean people should accept poor business tactics and support.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well...
the point is....
nothing in life is perfect
there are risks in everything
if you'd like to tell me WHO HERE WHO ALREADY OWNS AN R.... could really USE that extra 6 HP.... i'd LOVE to say hello

and......
not trying to start a fight either...
please enjoy one of your other 8 bikes while you wait....
the point there...
if you have 8 bikes.... there is no way in hell that you could ever ride ANY of them enough miles to be able to learn each bike... and therefore, the extra horsepower, etc..... won't be of any use to you

you paid the 3K....
i undertstand that
but.....

i think you get my point



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
spalding12 said:
well...
the point is....
nothing in life is perfect
there are risks in everything
if you'd like to tell me WHO HERE WHO ALREADY OWNS AN R.... could really USE that extra 6 HP.... i'd LOVE to say hello

and......
not trying to start a fight either...
please enjoy one of your other 8 bikes while you wait....
the point there...
if you have 8 bikes.... there is no way in hell that you could ever ride ANY of them enough miles to be able to learn each bike... and therefore, the extra horsepower, etc..... won't be of any use to you

you paid the 3K....
i undertstand that
but.....

i think you get my point

You're right ... I do like the R alot and can wait. It does have less than 200 miles on it since I bought it several months ago ... but those were very exhilirating miles. It is still a work in progress ... I'm planning to get SATO rearsets, a steering stabilizer for it (when available), and possibly a slipper clutch. Heck, I have a ducati 748R from five or six years ago with less than 2000 mi. on it. I guess I'm spoiled, and got a little worked up.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
spalding12 said:
ok......
i was being rude above and i am TRULY SORRY for my words
you are right
i'd be pissed too if i paid that money and didn't get the pipe for a year
but.....
as i've said elsewhere (and i know that you'd agree).... the new exhaust was the LEAST of MY REASONS for buying the "R" over the "S"
the brakes and wheels and suspension are a million times more important to me
I agree ... the brakes, wheels and forks are more important than the exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,291 Posts
herrsonic said:
Not as ridiculous as you think. I'm not going to do it because I have other things to do, and I'm not a practicing attorney. But it's possible as it just takes a disgruntled customer and a willing lawyer. If they had held the bikes until they had the headers, they wouldn't have exposed themselves to a possible action. But MV wanted to get these bikes out sooner and they wanted to sell these bikes, otherwise people's money may have gone to a competitor's brand. You're right ... "this is America" ... and if the law allows it, it can and may happen. I'm not trying to provoke a fight, and I actually don't mind the wait because I have 8 other bikes I can choose from. But I suspect there are some people out there who are unhappy about the wait. Just because MV makes a good bike doesn't mean people should accept poor business tactics and support.
Now...imagine yourself after this lawsuit, being the one person responsible for MV no longer making things like that included from the factory. Or even worse, being the person responsible for making the company go under...

Doesn't sound too appealing now, does it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
oicdn said:
Doesn't sound too appealing now, does it?

Nothing he said sounds too appealing :blah:

I understand the frustration but enjoy your ability to ride the ENTIRE BIKE before August or September and smile when you install an incredible exhaust provided FREE of charge. Want to argue the free comment? Ask the '07 owners their opinion.

It will probably arrive at just the right time for 910R owners - to perpetuate the enjoyment after the new smell has worn off.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top