MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check these uber cool machines you could swinging your legs on creations of the Confederate Motorcycle Company based in new Orleans. Confederate is not a mass maker of motorcycles but a company producing machines of the highest quality and innovative engineering. Beautiful bikes, V-Twin power haa what more could one ask for

[this one is my fav Based around a 90 degree 101 cubic inch water cooled V-Twin, either 150hp normally aspirated or 190hp with optional supercharger, the Renovatio Project is constructed of carbon fiber and aluminum...]

Dimensions:
Weight: 340lbs.; Wheelbase 60"; Seat Height 30"; 27 degree rake.
Engine:
101 cubic inch Confederate Water cooled 90 degree utilitarian modular platform
150 HP normally aspirated - 190 HP optional supercharger
Transmission:
Confederate design; six speed, close ratio.
Primary:
Internal gear driven
Front End:
Girder-type aircraft aluminum and titanium multi-link with shock centered on steering axis; Carbon fiber struts.
Swingarm:
Single sided aluminum cast piece.
Suspension:
Rear-Penske coil over shock with remote reservoir multi adjustable; Front-Penske coil in shock, multi adjustable.
Lighting:
Forward LED headlight and blinker system; integrated into grider.
Fuel Cell:
Confederate design, one piece composite fiber cell; Fuel Capacity 4.5 gallons with integrated air box.
Gauge:
Single integrated tachometer and speedometer.
Wheels:
Blackstone structural carbon fiber.
Identification:
Engine & Neck contain ID numbers.

Power:
Torque ≥ 145 ft. lbs.
Horsepower ≥ 137
Dimensions:
Weight: 490lbs.; Wheelbase: 62"; Length: 86"; Seat Height: 28"; Width (at handlebars): 34.5"
Engine:
Confederate radial F131 CID (4.375" bore x 4.375" stroke; entirely machined from billet aluminum and ductile iron).
Chassis:
Confederate design; mill fit by hand; TIG welded; Mainframe: .120 gauge wall thickness DOM carbon steel; 3" OD backbone; 2" OD down tube; 1 1/4" OD cradle; 1" x 2" rectangular strut; elongated neck. Oil capacity is 5 quarts.
Swingarm:
Confederate design; (integrated exhaust system).
Transmission:
Confederate design; five speed, close ratio. S&S case; Andrew's gear sets.
Primary:
Confederate design; machined from 6061 aluminum; belt drive.
Suspension:
Front: Marzocchi 50mm. inverted front forks with radial mounts.
Rear: Dual penski; coil over with cooling resavoir; multi adjustable.
Brakes:
ISR brake package. Front: dual 300mm semi-floating rotor, 6 piston CNC machined monoblock caliper. Rear: 280mm semi-floating rotor, 2 piston CNC machined monoblock caliper. Integrated brake and clutch controls, master cylinders, and switches.
Wheels:
Blackstone Tek TUV,DOT approved, carbon fiber wheel set. Front 4" x 18". Rear 8" x 18". Tires: Matched Metzeler ME880 130/60 VR Front, 240/40 VR18 Rear.
Lighting:
Zenon H.I.D.
Fuel Cell:
Confederate design, one piece aircraft grade structural carbon fiber cell.
Gauges:
Confederate design made by WMD.
Identification:
VIN stamped onto neck of frame further accented by matching VIN stamped on brass VIN plate riveted to frame neck. Engine & Transmission also contain ID numbers.

Power:
Torque ≥ 130 ft. lbs.
Horsepower ≥ 125
Dimensions:
Wieght: 410lbs.; Wheelbase 58.5"; Lenght: 82"; Seat Height 31"; Trail 98mm static, 85mm full compression; 27 degree rake.
Engine:
Confederate B120 counter balanced v-twin; Twin cam design; 4.125" bore x 4.5" stroke.
Transmission:
Confederate design; five or six speed, close ratio.
Primary:
Confederate design; machined from 6061 aluminum; belt drive.
Chassis:
Construction 3 load path bearing utilizing aircraft aluminum fuselage with CNC billet aircraft aluminum front and rear bulkheads; Engine as stressed member; Carbon backbone. Oil capacity is 3 quarts.
Front End:
Girder-type aircraft aluminum multi-link; Carbon fiber struts.
Swingarm:
Single sided aluminum cast piece.
Suspension:
Rear-Penske coil over shock with cooling resevoir; multi adjustable; Front-Penske coil over shock, fully adjustable.
Brakes:
Front Brembo dual mechanical high output 4 - piston; 320 mm in Rear Brembo 2-piston caliper, 220mm rotor.
Lighting:
Forward LED headlight and blinker system; Seat integrated brake and blinker light system.
Fuel Cell:
Confederate design, one piece belly tank; Fuel Capacity 4.1 gallons
Gauge:
Single integrated tachometer and speedometer.
Wheels:
Blackstone Tek TUV,DOT approved, carbon fiber wheel set. Front 3.5" x 17". Rear 5.7 x 17; Tires- Matched Metzeler Rennsport: 120 front, 180 rear.
Identification:
VIN stamped onto fuselage. Engine also contains ID numbers.

heres the link...

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
They are AWESOME!!!!
The Renovations is new to me, but the other two i knew already.
And the Wraith is my favourite. I would LOVE to have one :yo: :yo:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I guess I must have missed this thread; :bawling: is this what Brad Pitt rides? :confused: They are certainly different, I never heard of anyone selling them in the UK. Has anyone here ridden one or know an owner, I'd be interested to hear their thoughts. :koolaid:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
john said:
I guess I must have missed this thread; :bawling: is this what Brad Pitt rides? :confused: They are certainly different, I never heard of anyone selling them in the UK. Has anyone here ridden one or know an owner, I'd be interested to hear their thoughts. :koolaid:
I think very few must have been made and you have to order one if you want it.
I know they were expesnive (although i don't recal how much), but if i had the money i would get one for sure :smoking:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm sorry, but I think these bikes look like shit.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Don't be sorry Peet, it's a free opinion forum. I'm not sure whether I actually like them or not but you have to admit, they are radically different. :jsm:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've seen the Hellcat in person and while it's not my style of bike, it is exquisitely built. Beautiful craftsmanship and top notch components.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I had a quick look on their site: didn't see any prices but I thought this was a nice photo...........the bike is OK too! :laughing: :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Their site is recently restored.
You are right, not many have been built, and the top bike is new, because they were completely wiped out by hurricane Katrina (they used to be based in New Orleans), but have only just reopened, now in Alabama.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I requested a CD from their site a year ago. They really do take pride in their work and it's got quality. I didn't like the sound of the engine - sort of Harleyish.

Their styling is difinitely artistic and different but not for everyone. I like the Wraith (it reminds me of an elephant) and I think it's kinda ugly but I'm really attracted to it. But....it's $65K.

http://www.confederate.com/home.php

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I requested a CD from their site a year ago. They really do take pride in their work and it's got quality. I didn't like the sound of the engine - sort of Harleyish.

Their styling is difinitely artistic and different but not for everyone. I like the Wraith (it reminds me of an elephant) and I think it's kinda ugly but I'm really attracted to it. But....it's $65K.

http://www.confederate.com/home.php
Wow, never thought the Katrina would have wiped them out :(

Like i said before, the Wraith is my favourite by far.
If i win the lottery i will get one for sure :yo: :yo: :smoking:

G

·
0 Posts
Yeah, not the sexiest bikes I've ever seen. They kind of have that raw machine look. Reminds me of the first Harley ever made at the turn of last century. New Orleans sure knows how to make good food, and good music though so it wouldnt surprise me if they also knew how to turn out a good bike. I dont know, I guess whatever floats your boat, but 190 HP!!!
Dam that sure has my attention. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Harley motors, or derivations thereof, in the last two bikes but it's a different story on the motor in the first bike. 90deg V-twin (not the normal 45deg Harley) and water-cooled? Pretty dismal power output for a motor of that size even if it's RWHP. More likely it's crankshaft HP. Unimpressive either way as that's 150HP from 101 cubic inches or 1655cc's...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Is there a sound clip for that one? I didn't find one. I was assuming Allan heard one of the Harley derivations.

As for HP, it's all relative. A Corvette Z06 looks woefully inefficient next to other supercars, but so what? It's the end result that counts....

Although in the US you pay insurance based on engine size, so you can end up paying more for a 1000cc cruiser than a 600cc sportbike, which is just nuts.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts