MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We’ve all been worried for my dad’s health of late, and he’s still seriously ill in hospital, so yesterday morning I took the wife and The Boys down to Poole in Dorset at 6:30am for a jolly day out to lighten the mood.

The weather was stunning and the beach was superb as always.. I did notice that the sand dunes had taken a hammering from all the recent weather bashing and they’ve lost their shape.

The Boys had a great time and even managed a dip their paws in the sea.. They bumped into a massive group of English Pointers who were also on a jolly day out, and it was nice to see that everyone got on well.. Phew !:)

Here are a few pics I took yesterday.

It was nice to see Chilli enjoying himself in his favour place..

The Chilli Pepper is such a special dog. When we decided to go for the repair, rather than have him PTS, we hoped we could buy him a certain quality of life, pain free and to get him to enjoy a normal life span for this type of dog.

Next week is the 5 year anniversary of that dreadful day. Now 10, Chilli is still enjoying life to the max, having him with us has enriched our lives. We cannot thank the RVC team of vets and physiotherapists that restored our boy to us enough. Along with everybody who played a part in his post op recovery.

Tan Tasstic

John

PS: Went to our fav Fish & Chip shop "Parkway Fish Bar" in Parkstone on the way home and this visit the food was rank..

We won't be going back there again, as that's the second time they've served us naff Fish & Chips.. Maybe they have new owners and the new staff don't know how to cook proper Fish and Chips.. Shame really. :jerkoff:

Can anyone who lives in the area recommend another decent Chippy that’s heading out of Poole in the direction of the M27 ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Lovely looking dogs you've got there, my cocker spaniel loves Studland and it's only down the road for me, he loves rummaging around in the dunes, what's the saying "if you see a man with a lead and no dog, he owns a spaniel" :laughing:

As for fish and chip shops, Dolphin in lower Charminster is nice but might be a bit out of your way depending on which way you go home but if your going Ringwood rd towards Longham/Ferndown then Long Johns at Wallisdown is good (parade of shops next to the BMW dealership) and only a short detour? ;)

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Chris for the chippy recommendation and I'll Google Long Johns at Wallisdown for the address and put in the Sat-Nav for next time.. You've got to have decent Fish & Chips went visiting the coast.. it's tradtion :)

We normally walk The Boys in the dunes to dry them off on the way back to the chain ferry car park, but this time we avoided going anywhere near the dunes because of the possibilty of Alabama Rot in the Dorset area..

If you haven't heard of it before, then it's best to look it up on Google, in case of any reported cases in your area were you walk your pooch.

http://www.countryfile.com/news/alabama-rot-dog-disease-what-you-need-know

·
Registered
837 Posts
Oh yeah, Studland eh? Which bit of the beach, eh - nudge, nudge, wink, wink ....... :naughty: :naughty:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
We normally walk The Boys in the dunes to dry them off on the way back to the chain ferry car park, but this time we avoided going anywhere near the dunes because of the possibilty of Alabama Rot in the Dorset area..

If you haven't heard of it before, then it's best to look it up on Google, in case of any reported cases in your area were you walk your pooch.
I have read up all about it, at the moment it seems to focus around the New Forest in Hampshire and outlaying areas, no reported cases in the majority of Dorset, the scary thing is no one knows where its coming from, with some believing its fungal being ingested which would figure being in the forest. Seems nowheres safe at the moment with Palm Oil washing up on the shores after the storms around here which is also poisonous to dogs. I might have to stick to my local park where at the moment the only dangerous thing is his fondness for rolling in fox poo :cussing:

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, Studland eh? Which bit of the beach, eh - nudge, nudge, wink, wink ....... :naughty: :naughty:
Yeah, there was only one 70's style Top of The Tops presenter with his tackle hanging out, but everyone ignored the nonce.

We parked the car down by the chain ferry and then walked the complete length of the beach, stopping off for a hot brew and a jam scone at the posh cafe, and then onto the original cafe at the top end.. I don't know how far the is from end to end, but Woody our oldest dog was on his last legs when we got back to the car..

Poor old Woody..

I have read up all about it, at the moment it seems to focus around the New Forest in Hampshire and outlaying areas, no reported cases in the majority of Dorset, the scary thing is no one knows where its coming from, with some believing its fungal being ingested which would figure being in the forest. Seems nowheres safe at the moment with Palm Oil washing up on the shores after the storms around here which is also poisonous to dogs. I might have to stick to my local park where at the moment the only dangerous thing is his fondness for rolling in fox poo :cussing:
Alabama rot has now been reported in the Buckinghamshire area.. You have to be so careful and check your dogs for cuts or abrasions when you come back from a walk.. Scary times.

Don't mention that stuff... I don't know what it is about fox poo, but they seem to love the stuff.. You can still smell it after washing the dogs in perfumed shampoo.. It's as if you nose remembers the original wiff.

It's like the Paco Rabanne for Dogs.. :green:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Don't mention that stuff... I don't know what it is about fox poo, but they seem to love the stuff.. You can still smell it after washing the dogs in perfumed shampoo.. It's as if you nose remembers the original wiff.

It's like the Paco Rabanne for Dogs.. :green:

I've heard if you rub tomato ketchup in before you shampoo them it neutralises the odour, not had to try it yet but I will do next time he does it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts