MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which MV Agusta model has the best quality. With the fewest breakdowns.

Both the perceived quality and durability.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
The one you own.....

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Tamburini. Never had to touch it other than the cooling issues.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mine!
Can't complain about anything. And I have to say that two friends have the same model (Brutale 910S) and are as satisfied as I am.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure that a B910R is the MV model with the least disruption and fault Randy. Although
it would be nice. There are probably some of our colleagues who have lost their glass on the
headlight. There are also some that have had SPU and rear hub problems.
The same problems also occur in B910S modele, I believe Rapha.

A Tamburini, I think that may be among the best MV models. On these bikes, I think it's put
more effort in putting them together.

So Lee probably has the best MV bike.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I would vote on my F4S, knock, knock, knock .. never any issues.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
The first 750 F4's had one or two issues which were generally sorted by the time the Evo models came along. I can't really say my Evo III 750 was more reliable than my 1000S or vice versa, also coming from the UK overheating problems haven't been an issue for me.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My F4s was a heap of crap when I got it. Mice living under the tank etc.
A good clean and general overhaul, and never put a wheel wrong, or let me down since. I only do track days though and have spent a bit on upgrades.
Great bike.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
2006 1000s - 20000 trouble free miles, even the hub is original! She gets hot like all f4's but that's the nature of the beast and a vent free fairing right?

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
The first 750 F4's had one or two issues which were generally sorted by the time the Evo models came along. I can't really say my Evo III 750 was more reliable than my 1000S or vice versa, also coming from the UK overheating problems haven't been an issue for me.
+1

The F4 750 EV03 is the best MV I have owned, quality of parts and detail, over shinned my 312R in every way

The handling of the bike is much better than the 312R and as a road bike it is excellent being able to ride it the way you should - high up in the rev band 8 - 10k+ and listening to it howl, the sound is amazing.

You simply cannot ride the 312R like that on the road, not on our Scottish "twisty" roads anyway.

If they re-introduced the F4 - 750 EV03 today exact as it was in 2003 with same detail and same quality of parts, I would buy one today.

If you see one on the passing check the detail on the bike even down to the foot pegs, compair against the bike you have, especually if you have a 2010 F4:naughty:

Okay it may not have as much bhp as a 1 litre bike but for the twisty roads we have, it is ideal, as is its handling, the handling also outshines the 312R and the seat height is LOWER.

Ive been saying the 750 EV03 outshines many for years, check back the posts, and I still believe it today.

750 EV03 - Rocks.:yo:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
+1

The F4 750 EV03 is the best MV I have owned, quality of parts and detail, over shinned my 312R in every way

The handling of the bike is much better than the 312R and as a road bike it is excellent being able to ride it the way you should - high up in the rev band 8 - 10k+ and listening to it howl, the sound is amazing.

You simply cannot ride the 312R like that on the road, not on our Scottish "twisty" roads anyway.

If they re-introduced the F4 - 750 EV03 today exact as it was in 2003 with same detail and same quality of parts, I would buy one today.

If you see one on the passing check the detail on the bike even down to the foot pegs, compair against the bike you have, especually if you have a 2010 F4:naughty:

Okay it may not have as much bhp as a 1 litre bike but for the twisty roads we have, it is ideal, as is its handling, the handling also outshines the 312R and the seat height is LOWER.

Ive been saying the 750 EV03 outshines many for years, check back the posts, and I still believe it today.

750 EV03 - Rocks.:yo:

And now imagine this great handling with forged Marchesini's. I'm still speechless after I have them on since two weeks. In my eyes it doesn't really made that much of a difference between a 2001 F4 and a Evo 3. I think the 750's are just adorable. Good the 99 to 2000 had a few issues, but the Importers ironed them out pretty good and fair at the time.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And now imagine this great handling with forged Marchesini's. I'm still speechless after I have them on since two weeks. In my eyes it doesn't really made that much of a difference between a 2001 F4 and a Evo 3. I think the 750's are just adorable. Good the 99 to 2000 had a few issues, but the Importers ironed them out pretty good and fair at the time.
Can you remember what was the problem with the 99 and 00 models.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts