MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike does not want to be gentle on me. I'm nowhere near as graceful getting back into saddle as I was 1 year ago...but c'mon, really, was shifting this hard?

The engine cuts out quite often shifting from 1st all the way through to 4th gears, esp if coming down from >4k rpm; that half second of idle kills the bike. I've taken to keeping tension on throttle to keep up the revs, but this extra work isn't fun. Is it just me or does the 910r have stalling issues? They seem to go away after 20 mins, but that's 10 mins more than it needs to warm up.

·
Registered
626 Posts
My 2007 910R also stalled on me two times yesterday in the same situation you describe. The bad part is that my battery is quite weak and i had to push start it twice just to make it home...

The people admiring the bike while i waited at stop signs must have been like 'look at this moron on the MV, he dosent even know how to operate that fine machine' as i has a minimum of 2000-2500 RPM's while stopped. Add an Arrow Thunder to the mix and i got some strange looks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on point.
and for you traffic-campers out there, what is your average h2o temp whilst not doing much progress in traffic? I've been hitting 96* lately and it seems a touch steep for march (granted it is warm around here).

·
Registered
742 Posts
I regards to your question about the 910R having stalling issues the answer is yes. Mine was stalling at every stoplight a year and a half ago, then I replaced the SPU and the stalling went away. Guess what, now it is back but only occasionaly. I have taken it to my dealer and he has tried everything, sync throttle bodies, check TPS, check the CO and it all checks out but still stalls occasionaly. Do a search on the forum for brutale stalling and you will find volumes written on the subject.:conveyer:

·
Registered
311 Posts
You guys should try replacing the spark plugs and greasing the tops of the throttle bodies where they meet the air filter cover. Worked wonders for me on my 910s which very rarely stalls anymore. I have heard that the iridium spark plugs ar the best but I went stock and it is way better. Btw I only had about 4k on it for miles when I swapped the plugs I am at 13k now and have had no issues aside from the occasional hiccup but no stalls.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There are times I'm too quick to let the clutch out, from a standing start. Seems academic, I know, but the Brutale is my only ride that is sooooo clutch sensitive!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i thought i had mine solved last year, but this spring the stalling has returned. Seems like its worse when the tank is half empty than when its all the way full, but that might not be related. Last summer I synched the throttles, set the TPS, put in iridium plugs, etc etc.

·
Registered
742 Posts
If you have the 910r, take out the performance chip. That's what fixed my bike.
What did it say on the label of the chip?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Add me to the list. 2007 910R with under 3K miles, original owner since 2007.

Started a few days ago, and did it to me about 5 times today. Seems like the engine is suffocating right before it stalls. if i give it some revs, it doesn't stall.
Usually happens when I'm below 2K Rpms, usually pulling up to red lights.
Have no engine mods on the bike, just a FBF Race Air Filter and Arrow Shorty exhaust.

Today outside temp was in the mid 70s, in stop and go traffic, bike temp was getting up to 200.
But once on the throttle, would get back down to high 160s to low 180s.

If it keeps stalling, going to have to bring her in.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
rode all day today, only stalled once at the end of my ride. It never happens on a full tank of fuel, has to be leaking inside the tank or something like that. I think the fueling strategy of the brutale or MVs in general is very touchy and anything out of perfect makes it stall. TPS, worn plugs, dirt injectors, etc etc etc. If redoing the fuel lines in the tank (again) doesn't fix it, I am going to buy a microtech ecu.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I dont know what it says on the label of the the chip but it is the performance chip that comes with the bike.

When the chip was in, it wold stall coming to a stop clutch in. I got tired of that quickly so they took it out & it stopped stalling.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Taking my bike to Fast By Ferracci today.
I believe it has something to do with the recent Arrow Shorty exhaust mod.
I'll keep you guys posted.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
110 Posts
Taking my bike to Fast By Ferracci today.
I believe it has something to do with the recent Arrow Shorty exhaust mod.
I'll keep you guys posted.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
So what is the news from FBF?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Forget it, do what you want it want change......MV 910R trademark!!

Summer time, it happens more, the hotter it gets the more it happens!

Same as the coolant overflow, apparently they are designed that way...

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi, i am new on this forum, I have a question for you.. on my brut the headlight was not working,I opened all the electrical system to chek, the problem i notes it was on the SPU(and when I hooked up all bak,the cooling fan start wen i torn the ignition. the engine was cold,,not startet for 3 days Does anyone have a solution I do not want to take d beginning with wires and relays.mine is stalls to, once a week or so :D I beg my excuses for calligraphy!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I got the arrow shorty and a powercommander. I wouldnt run that exhaust without a powercommander. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts