MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Looks much better than a 999, but I'll still be sticking with my Agusta. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
ARCHILLE said:
...Not exactly per spec but if the general styling is anything close, it going to be a huge hit.
That's a nice photochop. If the real thing is anything like it, I'd seriously consider -- SSS or not.

I've always likened the MV F4 to the Ferrari F355. Something about the star wheels and the angled lines. This Duc rendering is kinda like the Ferrari F430 in that it's more organic.

Me likey. :hitit:

·
Registered
101 Posts
It was a rethoric question!! I don't understand how italian motorcycle firm can do something like that with old design and jap inspiration!
I'm so deceive, the progression isn't to stay with old approved styles, i prefer last duke at this new they seems to make a big return in the past!
I will untitled that 2 steps behind and no one ahead!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Freerider, I am not sure I get your point...If you follow the progression of the last 2 superbike models over the past 15 years, since the 916, you would understand why this new design direction Ducati is taking. (And why Terblanche is now a consultant instead of Chief Designer. :loser: )

While I have more more seat time with the 999 than the 996, I wholeheartedly agree that its styling is plasphemy (sp?). Its only saving grace is its functionality. The 999R makes a fantastic racebike more than than my 996 could ever be.

Most Ducati owners don't understand the usefulness of the SSS until they have to swap tire once a day. The new specs on the 1200R is a racer's dream, make that Ducati racer's dream. I pray that the new compact motor would include a cassette transmission. :yo:

BTW, the boy that watched us while we frantically refueled the 996 is Ben's handsome son, Julian. That boy has a bright future in front of him and will go far!!! :yo:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I still love my 999R :)

And anyway....... as far has i know it will be a 1099 not a 1198.
Althoug i thin that a 1198 would make a lot more sense :naughty:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok archille but we have to remenber what a bike is!! :stir: Not only a race performance machine but a dream too! We have to improve the design with new and originals designs. I'm ok for this type of bike the performance is the first point but the man who buy it maybe want to have a dream looking machine with greats performances(as the veltro or tamburini),i think the performance isn't the priority for majority of the owner , in many case they can't exploit all the power of his machine but they still love it for the rest!
Because of the owner will gonna ride on road with this machine!And the performance have a big default: years after years performances are improved and the machine became obsolete but one thing stay the look! That's make the LEGEND BIKES and not only their performances...
But i'm agree the guy who want race with this machine will gonna be happy :devilsmok

·
Registered
398 Posts
ARCHILLE said:
freerider, I am having a hardtime figuring our what you are trying to say.

(Dude, whatever you're smoking, put it down and back away slowly. :) )
Just a wild guess but I say freerider is not from the the States/USA :naughty:

No matter great discussion :yo:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts