MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the way, speaking about GSXR stock...see what's happened saturday to a close friend of mine only searching for neutral by hand, ignition off, bike parked, to his brand new GSXR 750 (arrived on 22nd june 06) :wtf: :eek: :cry: :later:

Alu clutch carter simply...broke! :eek:
It seems like other five GSXR '06 had the same problem...well then...why not recalling? :wtf:

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I have a GSXR 600 for two years before i got the MV and i have never seen anything like that happen. i guess b/c weight shaving is such a big issue for all the jap bikes they have gone with some crappy quality materials. sucks to see for anyone with a new bike.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Hmmm..... that sure is strange :wtf:
It just broke down by itself?? I don't get it?? :confused:

Anyway, i know a guy here with a brand new 06 GSXR600 that had a problem with the gearbox when he was doing the exact same thing (engaging or desingaging a gear, while the bike was off and parked), so i guess it must be the same problem :wtf: :wtf:

I guess it's time for recall from Slowzuki :flickoff:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I try to translate/explain why it broke up.

Suzuki integrated the clutch small shaft not on motor carter but on carter covering. This is made in antimony (a low quality metal that cannot be sealed), light and with no screws in the central part to make it stronger.

When the clutch shaft turns, it pushes all the clutch "package" to the central part with that small cylinder (only 1cm diameter, with a very high kg/sq. cm pressure) but the 5 screws that keep it on are all in the periferic area.

:wtf:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I'm not at all surprised, this is exactly why they are so cheap. I don't know why people think they would be good quality; They are cheaper than other Japanese brands and it's certainly not due to volume, plus look where they're coming from, Suzuki cars, are you kidding me?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts