MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha..... he says he will arrange a Skype when he has power again (he's on gen with the storm) ....I think this is looking good :naughty:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Okay Chris and Dave

Been doing a bit of reading - http://www.bearsracing.co.nz/public/default.php?page=1 - about this race you guys are so awesome enough to offer me a ride for.
I see there is two dates already decided and run and they are getting ready for some more dates.

I found this and some video footage - http://www.canterburycarclub.co.nz/Track/Maps.php - when the club says "Full Track", do they mean the "GP"circuit or do the mean the "Club Circuit", maybe you will know Chris.

I will find out from my Club what it would take to get a license to ride over there, I will send some emails out etc. I already have world-wide M/cycle crash insurance - no I don't intend on crashing - it's a legal requirement.:)

Thank you for this offer guys, very naughty to catch a man off guard like this :naughty:.
Speak soon.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Really glad to see that you're planning to come over Donsy.
I'd prefer that Chris announces the intended bike that will be ridden, as it's his project. He does know that any of the compatible performance parts that I have access to will be available to the team.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Donsy, it's the full GP circuit and Dave and I will set up the Tamburini, which you know is already modified....extras are coming from Dave, he said to me "what's mine is yours for this event" but he can tell details, very yummy stuff though :mouthwate the end result should be very close to WSB weight, improved handling and brakes, lots more power :mouthwate:mouthwate it'll be a lot of fun. Now do we call it the 'Anzac' or something else? (The Sound of Thunder is generally last weekend in Feb, I will confirm asap)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
When and where are you setting this up for Dave?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
oh...and Donsy - do hope you and the family are not being too badly affected by the Storms in WA :(

·
Registered
988 Posts
Wow :yo: Sounds like a fantastic opportunity Donsy. Chris and Dave, are you thinking of entering a second bike??? :naughty: :stickpoke :laughing:

Just plain awesome guys :drummer:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
When and where are you setting this up for Dave?
Down in the South Island Tim. Sound of Thunder (BEARS) meeting, normally the last week of Feb. Plenty of water to pass under the bridge before this event, but it would be great to see the NZ MV guys and gals down there to share in this experience.
Looking to install the complete front end off the 312R onto Chris's Tamburini. Chris has invested heavily into his Tambo and the dyno figures are very impressive. Front wheel will most likely be a 16.5 inch magnesium Marchesini, but with the option of running a standard Brembo 17 inch superlight. Brembo (billet) monoblocks. 320 mm Brembo superbike discs. Ohlins FGR800 forks. FBF triple clamps. Dan Kyle clip ons.
I'll give you a call today regarding the 60 - 300 Nm torque wrench.
Dave.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow :yo: Sounds like a fantastic opportunity Donsy. Chris and Dave, are you thinking of entering a second bike??? :naughty: :stickpoke :laughing:

Just plain awesome guys :drummer:
With any luck I'll find a little classic MV for Poppy to ride. Dave and I may do some laps on other MVs pre-meeting depending on his time but the racebike is for Donsy. :stickpoke:stickpoke

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
Sounds like you guys are going to have lots of fun. Keep us informed and take lots of pics.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Really glad to see that you're planning to come over Donsy.
I'd prefer that Chris announces the intended bike that will be ridden, as it's his project. He does know that any of the compatible performance parts that I have access to will be available to the team.
Thanks you and Chris guys, this would be quite amazing.

Donsy, it's the full GP circuit and Dave and I will set up the Tamburini, which you know is already modified....extras are coming from Dave, he said to me "what's mine is yours for this event" but he can tell details, very yummy stuff though :mouthwate the end result should be very close to WSB weight, improved handling and brakes, lots more power :mouthwate:mouthwate it'll be a lot of fun. Now do we call it the 'Anzac' or something else? (The Sound of Thunder is generally last weekend in Feb, I will confirm asap)
Thank you Chris, if it's end of Feb it would be do-able for sure. I will also send over any other parts required, like rearset's and brake M/cylinders etc. We will iron out details as we go I hope. I also have another 750 steering bearing carrier coming from Germany.

oh...and Donsy - do hope you and the family are not being too badly affected by the Storms in WA :(
Thanks Tim, we are okay, good generator, but just waiting for the next storm to come in right about now.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Ouch :(

Well I hope it passes quickly without too much carnage and everyone stays safe.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Hey Chris, was talking to Dave about it the other day. I'd like to, but it will be logistically dependent :)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Just adding another + 1 billion for the_Castle

Not only did he provide some excellent advice on Torque wrench's ...he also passed on his discount for me !!!

Thanks for your help Dave :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts