MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to relate to you how appreciative I am to James and his wife, Dawn. Two weeks ago I was trying to get together with James for a ride. Unfortunately, the morning of the ride, it was raining heavily. James called me later in the day and offered to meet me anyway, buy me lunch, talk bikes, etc. I agreed.

Over lunch, I discussed with him some issues I was having with the bike, and he offered to fix them for me; that day. I agreed to have him look at the bike, understanding that he is a guru of sorts.

Upon arriving at his home, he and Dawn made me feel at home, although I had met them only an hour ago. (Dawn, by the way rides as well.) James began his investigation into my issues, and found more. He retuned my A/F ratio, helped me troubleshoot non functioning turn signals, and showed me more about the F4 than I learned from the dealer I purchased it from.

When the bike was ready to go, the rain had begun again. Dawn offered to drive me home and leave the bike in James' care until the rain stopped. I declined, mounted the bike and was preparing to leave when it began to stall.

Without a second thought, James pushed the bike back into the garage and began to tear into it again. Needless to say, he and I had been working on the bike for some time now, and if he had wanted me to bring it back later, I would have. Instead, we began to pull and replace the spark plugs, reset the PCIII to a base map, and generally got even deeper into making the bike right.

These past two weeks on the bike have been a night and day difference. Thanks to James' help, it no longer surges, or stalls. Low speed throttle control is similar to that of less exotic brands, and it no longer runs rich. Had I not met James here online, or in person, I would have thought that those symptoms were common to MVs and the nature of the beast. Until he helped me, I would have believed that the Italian mc was incapable of acting like a UJM at idle, and low speeds.

I believe James helped me out of concern for a fellow MV enthusiast, asking nothing in return.

Thank you James.

If you are up for just a ride, let me know... I'm in.

Kelly :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Did I hear AM Express diner gift card?

Move over Tam 292, sounds to me like James is :king: , and his queen is real sweet.

So all lets get up and :highclap: :highclap: .

:flash: :flash: :flash: :flash: :flash:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey James, Do you house calls in Los Angeles? I think some of the dealers would appreciate your help!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
we are not used to ear this stories nowdays are we? always bad stories entering ourlives (TV, radio, Net...). Maybe will come the time when Love stories will sell newspapers!!! What a wish.

Thank you James to be an example and thank you Gumption to write it!

·
Registered
185 Posts
:drummer: Yes, now everybody sing along...
James C. is the man, if he can't do it, know one can!!!
Again, James C. is the man, if he can't do it, know one can!!! :highclap:

:wtf: Ok, someone shoot me now! :errr: :bandit:

:laughing:

In all seriousness, you are the best James C. :yo:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
MADMAN said:
:drummer: Yes, now everybody sing along...
James C. is the man, if he can't do it, know one can!!!
Again, James C. is the man, if he can't do it, know one can!!! :highclap:

:wtf: Ok, someone shoot me now! :errr: :bandit:

:laughing:

In all seriousness, you are the best James C. :yo:
BTW do you no James? :toothless

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts