MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been part of this forum since purchasing my 2009 Brutale 989R (some 12 months ago), but have only ever taken advice and tips from you all, I've never contributed.

A week or ago I came back here for some more knowledge after discovering the rear bearings in my bike were finished. After much searching and reading I contacted Mich aka"Mitchy", aka "The Hub Man", who shared his massive data bank on this issue with me.

After discussing the problem further with the guys who help me look after my bike it was decidided that a new Mitch Hub would replace the original.

On contacting Mitch he informed me that he had just sold the last of his stock and that he would have to get one from overseas for me. Less than 3 hours later I was contacted by Joe, aka "joetogo123", from the other side of the planet. 30min or so after that contact, the Hub was paid for and delivered to the post office, and is now enroute to Canberra, Australia. Couldn't have been easier if everyone lived on my street. Thank you to all involved, you blokes are awesome!

And thanks to all you blokes that contribute to this awesome site. Because of you all I'll be back out there riding sooner rather than later.
:brutale: :yo:

·
Administrator
20,004 Posts
It is a nice family to be a part of, isn't it? Nice first post, by the way.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
You are more than welcome Jay, We know you want your bike back out on the road and it is great to be a small part in achieving that for you..

All the best,

Joe

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
:) Beautiful!! And now start to contribute :yo:

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
yes really is an awesome forum
love being a part of it
always have

·
Vendor
5,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jay,and thanks for having faith in my hub.:yo:

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jay,and thanks for having faith in my hub.:yo:
If I read it correct you need to produce more :)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome....

I also like Joetogo.......much better than his evil twin Gotojoe. :stickpoke

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New hub arrived last night, looks awesome. Should easily be back on the road by Sunday morning. Thanks again Mitch and Joe, I'll let you all know how I get on.
At this stage I haven't found any other damage, is there anything(s) specific I should be looking out for?

·
Vendor
5,359 Posts
Jay,that was fast delivery,I was hoping you would get the hub by the weekend.Just inspect parts on the wheel side for damage like the disc caliper mount and the disc rotor carrier,you will see very quickly if there is any damage.I am sure you caught your failure early before any damage occured.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the bike back Friday arvo (been trying to post picks ever since, but still can't work it out). And it rides as good as it ever has. Thanks heaps Mitch and Joe, really appreciate all your efforts and advice.

Now for my next problem, who wants to work my Sunday shift? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Vendor
5,359 Posts
Jay,great news.With posting pics,when you do your post scroll down the page,you will see Manage Attachments,click on that and then Browse,click on your pics from your computer then click on upload,when that's done close window,then the top of your post click on Attachments and add your pics,that's it then you can Submit Post.Sorry mate not real good at explaining computer stuff,good luck.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome! I can relate to having a problem working on Sundays.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts