MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys. I just got back from a ride and wanted to Thank you guys! Chuck, Theknurl, Merc07 Esq'me and the others that helped me thru this. With all your help I replaced the Oil Sump, Sump gasket (Thanks Al), upgraded the Headlight, Fuel lines, Fuel connectors, spark plugs, BMC air filter and added a battery voltage meter with USB charger. The bike runs great. I also relocated the Rear brake reservoir. I figured I needed rear pads so ordered a set and also the tapered rear socket to take the wheel off. Anyway Thanks again guys!

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
And it looks great !!!

·
Registered
926 Posts
looks great, nice to see all the effort paid off. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Out of interest, how do the pipes sound compared to the Arrow thunder? - currently have the thunder pipe and thinking of changing to the twin system.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The twin I think is more expensive and is quieter with out sacrificing flow. The other thing is I know I have to remove one or both of the pipes when I take the back wheel off. The Thunder also makes the back of the bike look MUCH cleaner.

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
Actually, you only have to swing the lower pipe outward to remove the rear wheel.
Undo the bolts holding the lower muffler to the bracket that connects the 2 together and rotate it outward. (a 1/4 inch drive 8m swivel socket on extension makes it easy)
It was designed to do that.

The dual Arrows sound better (and a bit louder) than the stock, but not as loud at the Thunder.
I had those cans at one time, but got a deal on the MV Corse cans (the full kit exhaust for the 910R) and sold them on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts