MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys im test riding 1` of the above next week n am wondering what to look out for? what are the weaknesses n strengths of this bike, also can anyone in britain get access to a set of stock pipes 4 this bike as the bike im test riding has got blue flame ones, and if i like it (hopefully) im gonna need some in the future to get thru mot regards ian
:yo:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
I have a 1000R having just completed 850 miles on it since new. Before this I had a 750 F4 2002 model. The engine is so strong, it pulls till there is no road left, the handling is superb, and the brakes, well one word fantastic, even the back brake works, which is an acheivemment for an MV. The true potential will only be realised on the track, the only battle left is mind over a broken heart should I 'bin it'.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just looked at your gallery john .nice bike !! guess u must b close to cadwell park r ya? wish we had roads round here like u do there , not that im jealous lol :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pione.is that the new 1000r thats got the updated computer on board n has silver on the front guard? i was looking at that in the shop they are £14500 here bit too dear 4 me . the 1 im looking at is a 04 model at£8999

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes Devilboy,only about 30minutes ride to cadwell.Have been known to do the odd track day there.Fantastic!However not been tempted to take the MV round yet,the repair costs should something unfortunate happen is enough to put me off.thinking of getting some cheap fairings and what have you.then i think i will for sure give it a go!
Have you considered a new F4S.There are some cracking deals at the moment due to the arrival of the "R".
John S

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hi,

There are indeed some good deals on F4s at the mo. Me and my mate will both be picking up our new ones in 2 days time, one silver red and one black. Deal was too good to pass up.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
devilboy said:
pione.is that the new 1000r thats got the updated computer on board n has silver on the front guard? i was looking at that in the shop they are £14500 here bit too dear 4 me . the 1 im looking at is a 04 model at£8999
For a £1000 more you can have a new one. :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well ive been for my test ride!!! the result? well its everything that the dealer said it was in that its not as sophisticated a ride as a gsxrk6 1000 it wont pull from nothing like a gsxr its bigger and heavier than a gsxr and the brakes dont have the same initial bite as a gsxr, but i still bloody liked it!!! mirrors are shite you can feel the vibes thru the tank n seat it gets bloody hot round the legs in traffic, it sounds awesome(bluflame race cans not standard) handles great n is fast so? would i av 1? er yess lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Be careful if you are buying the 1000R, I had to have it underwritted as it didn't have an Insurance catogary cost me £650 with 8 yrs No claims, no convictions..........
check before you buy. Will get it cheaper next year for sure.
Geoff

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no a 1000 r is outta my reach at the mo , apparently any bike valued over 10 grand is very hard to insure who r u with?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
john said:
For a £1000 more you can have a new one. :stickpoke
:stopp: If your thinking of D&K here, they have all gone now :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts