MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought a 2010 f4 and I am experiencing a strange whining noise during deceleration. While the engine is revving down i here a buzzing noise around 5-6000rpm. Its noticeable in every gear. I am picking the bike up tomorrow, I noticed it during the test ride.
I also noticed a light ticking sound while idling. Is this all normal because it would be my first MV. Bike has 15000km on it.

Should i still buy it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
661 Posts
You should compare with known good bike or take someone with you who you trust. Dealer most of the time just want to stick you with the sale, no doubt!

·
Registered
229 Posts
You should compare with known good bike or take someone with you who you trust. Dealer most of the time just want to stick you with the sale, no doubt!
I would insist on having a dealer inspect it before the purchase; if the seller refuses inspection, I'd move on ! -Davis

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up buying the bike. It was to beautiful not to buy :mouthwate
I think the noise is coming frome the carbon front fender. It is not mounted in rubbers so I think it's resonance from vibrations at 5-6000 rpm.
When I have the license plate I'll post some pictures and make a proper introduction. Thx

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did you ever find the issue with the whining noise?

Just notched up 15000 klms, new front tyre and noticed the same thing on deceleration. Did you ever determine the issue?

Regards.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my case it was the two piece carbon front fender that was vibrating and making a lot of noise at a certain rpm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts