MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, what a great site, I’m a new member here, and from what I read this is an awesome community. I’m 23 year old USAF guy, FLY HIGH, and I’ve been riding for awhile. I started when I was about 14 or so, started on my dad’s Gold Wing. Plus I rode a few friends GXRS and so on, til I was old enough to buy my own, a Suzuki SV1000s. The only reason I bought it is because with full fairings it looks like no ordinary sport bike, plus with dual microns it sounds wicked.
I accidently walked behind a F4 (while window shopping at a dealership) 04-05yr I think . . . . . . . right as it started up, scared the crap out of me. From that moment on I slowly started to fall in love with MV’s. I said all that for this, now I’m about to buy my own 2010 F4, is there anything special I need to look for when I go test drive it (other than what you would look for with a normal sport bike)?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yes,
#1: Look for a nice long twistie road
#2: Look for Police Officers
#3: Look for Dogs, Deer, and Dumb-Asses who will pull-out right in front of you
#4: Look for Motorcycle insurance (I got Gieco)
#5: Look for a Nice Place to Park Her in your Garage!
(when you test drive it, you'll have to get one)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Test ride

Forget your preconceptions and open your mind.
Be like water my friend.

Not like any other bike. Enjoy, and tell us, how was it for you?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My suggestion would be to shop around check ebay, craigslist, dealerships(everywhere in the US) and definitly on the For Sale here on the site. i just got mine about a month ago, (05 1000S 1+1 with 749 miles on it) for 10K and i sort of feel i got screwed(somebody please make me feel better). recently i checked the For sale section on here and saw the Mamba edition was sold for less the 13K(i think it sold) :banghead: i will have to say i bought it without even hearing it on. it was love at first sight! :mouthwate i had a hayabusa before it was fun :blah: but my F4(Ana is her name) is my one true love. btw welcome to the site. Show pics when you buy it! :yo:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Kreativ, thats a good suggestion but,I think he wants a Y10,
And I've seen a couple of those for sale used too, but too close to
MSRP, so he might as well get one off the Dealers Floor, and maybe
Haggle a bit on the Price.$?$?$?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the advice, I will ask about the recalls. I know I'm going to own a MV before the year is out! ! ! I can feel it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Try Ferracci a little north of you. They have a used press bike in the red and silver you can get a good deal on and they have a brand new titanium (the best color) on the floor.
Then look me up (I'm a little north of the PA border) and we can burn up some roads I know.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
YOU BASTARD!!
I Paid FULL PRICE, because I ordered mine before they got to the U.S.
Had never even seen one in person, and paid for it before I even RODE IT!
2k Savings!! Well, there's your New Exhaust System.

It's always best if you are buying new to be patient and wait until the year's end....then you get good deals. Granted it is hard not to slap down a deposit on the newest latest and greatest model like I feel like doing with the new ducati coming soon.
Used is probably even a better route..lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MCHyper
Fast by Ferracci in Willow Grove, thats where I'm planing on getting mine from and I'm always up for a good ride. . . . .hopefully they don't sale before I get back to the states.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I reckon the best thing about buying is the anticipation and the test ride, I bet he can see it in his garage now, this part is the foreplay, owning and riding is the blow ya mind bit. Go hard youg fella and enjoy it all.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts