Registered
2,859 Posts

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
hope ur doing ok somehow mate
thinking of u
Ok-ish... It's always difficult and I noticed I was irritated yesterday quite easy.
Somehow I could give it less attention than mormal as we are moving houses. Maybe that is good.

And thanks all for the kindness!

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Erik

I have been married to Charlotte for 28 years and I also have found the love of my life. Cant imagine losing her so I get a sense of what you are going through. Hang in there and remember you have a family here to lean on

George

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Well... Look at that. Due to the site transformation, or whatever is going on, I could not post here. Last saturday was this specific day of the year again. As always it wasn't easy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hope you're doing well mate.

I've thankfully never experienced the loss of a significant other so I can't truly imagine what that must be like. However the thing that has helped me with losing loved ones in the past is thinking about how they have impacted my life, made me be a better person, taught me and others things, etc. etc. I know it sounds cheesy and stupid but it's about the only way I can come to terms with someone's passing, by knowing that pieces of their influence live on in all of those around them even though they might not realize it. At the very least it makes me appreciative of the time I had with them.

All the best,
DB

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Hope you're doing well mate.

I've thankfully never experienced the loss of a significant other so I can't truly imagine what that must be like. However the thing that has helped me with losing loved ones in the past is thinking about how they have impacted my life, made me be a better person, taught me and others things, etc. etc. I know it sounds cheesy and stupid but it's about the only way I can come to terms with someone's passing, by knowing that pieces of their influence live on in all of those around them even though they might not realize it. At the very least it makes me appreciative of the time I had with them.

All the best,
DB
Thank you all for the kindness!

And DB, you are right. Kathleen taught me a lot. Maybe the most in my life. I do carry that with me every day and I know it. On the other hand I feel that I can't even stand in her shadow. I am thankful for what she gave me and means to me. Still I am sad and maybe even a bit angry that she left. It's an emptiness I cannot bear. I will never be whole again.

BUT... I am doing good. Let that be clear. I am way too agile and resilient to sit down and cry till the end of times. That does not suit me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Devastating. I am so very sorry.

"I can’t help it: there is this grin that stretches itself from ear to ear, each single moment of every ride. Folks; what a life!"

241 - 257 of 257 Posts