MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With riding season pretty much over i get antsy and start doing stuff to the bike. Put some mesh in the Faring holes.

Its pretty much an office waste basket that i cut apart and glued on the inside. Looks pretty tits i guess for 10 bucks :blah:

·
Registered
398 Posts
That is pretty good considering that the original CRC pre-cut screens cost $130.00 ish!!! :jsm:

So to spend $10.00 is pretty good :yo:

Matty said:
With riding season pretty much over i get antsy and start doing stuff to the bike. Put some mesh in the Faring holes.

Its pretty much an office waste basket that i cut apart and glued on the inside. Looks pretty tits i guess for 10 bucks :blah:

·
Registered
434 Posts
I did the same to my Brutale last night, but instead of using the metal mesh I did it with some aluminium one that someone was using for Chrismas decoration in a local shop...IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE ONE CRC USES!!! used it on my front carbon air intakes (it had the metal mesh you're using) and on my carbon tail (bought to Emoto).
I'll be posting some pictures tomorrow...you're opinion will be apreciated.

PS: I just paid for the glue...actually I didn't pay nothing cause I own a hardware store :laughing:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Looks good but I hope the chrome on that office trashcan material holds up.

You may soon have "rustic" looking mesh. :ahhh:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
$10 well spent Matty. :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Heh, I think I know that garbage can mesh! I have one I got from Ikea that looks like that for about $4. Not sure if it would hold up too well though. I'll probably not cut it up for this since it holds my trash pretty well, but maybe I'll buy another one next time I'm at Ikea just in case...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hi Matty it looks great.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks great but after one ride it went to shit......I thought the hot glue melting point would have been a little higher and stuff started to come undone. I ended up poping them all off.....im just going to have to use some more heat resistent adhesive for try 2. :violin:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Matty said:
looks great but after one ride it went to shit......I thought the hot glue melting point would have been a little higher and stuff started to come undone. I ended up poping them all off.....im just going to have to use some more heat resistent adhesive for try 2. :violin:
I'm sorry to hear that Matty :( I've used some Pattex Extreme (don't know if you can get it there) and it's been on for one week. Is a bit difficult to put in because it takes more than hot glue to dry, but results are there...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Could I get a picture of what the inside fairing looks like. Just curious what type of a pattern to cut and size. I figure a larger size mesh will have more area for glue.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Allan Gibbs said:
Could I get a picture of what the inside fairing looks like. Just curious what type of a pattern to cut and size. I figure a larger size mesh will have more area for glue.
i just left about a quarter inch extra all around

·
Registered
398 Posts
I bought the emoto screen material and took a piece of paper put it over the area to cover and outlined/drew the pattern and cut the mesh. I stuck the mesh with silicone and it has been on there for 6 months, several washes and still is stuck like glue. I picked silicone because it would remove easily compared to hot glue and I didn't want to burn my plastic panels just in case.

Allan Gibbs said:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts