MV Agusta Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Sounds like you have it licked.
The little bubbles are to be expected.
Grease should only go on the threads in the future.
After your short ride, if you are still a bit spongy, I would do the banjo bolt again.
Thanks, my fingers are crossed. I will update result of ride tomorrow morning, early.

May I suggest you pin your procedure on bleeding the hydraulic clutch? Your skills have value.

grazie

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Thanks, my fingers are crossed. I will update result of ride tomorrow morning, early.

May I suggest you pin your procedure on bleeding the hydraulic clutch? Your skills have value.

grazie
Ok, MV out for a 40 mile ride after filling tank, typical Sugar Land, TX traffic with lights and stop and go. Shifting appears absolutely back to normal after the Silent of Service clutch bleed procedure. QS is smooth up and down, and overall clutch feels a bit smoother, and typically stiff. After the ride I checked the bike and found a bit of clutch fluid dusty-splatter--cleaned it off tank and saw no damage. Splatter is probably from the bleeding, and we did not catch some very small drops? Fluid level is correct in tank, and lid screwed on snug. I will check for further splatter after next ride.

Anyway, I am so happy, ecstatic! After one more ride I will be convinced that the clutch switch error can be caused by old clutch fluid and air bubbles. My local mechanic was skeptical. A good clutch bleed is a lot cheaper than a new clutch switch.

Thanks again! Looks like I will be ignoring the local Ducati dealer that just got some new Monsters in stock. He keeps calling asking me to trade the MV or Guzzi since their inventory is very low.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts