MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Dear Lucydad,

"Bike is about 7600 miles, it is counting down to a service. Is it time for valve adjustment too?"

It is too soon for valve adjustment yet, if you red lined it 85% of your ride then do it.

Ride on!
Valves will be checked soon, bike is at my mechanic here in Houston. Redline? Run out of legal roads and speed limits fast.

Reactions: EZcomes

·
Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019, Mv Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 2020
171 Posts
I took my Dragster out this morning on a 30 mile ride, hot TEXAS weather, and plenty of stop and go. The clutch switch error did not happen and the quick shifter was normal. I did have one minor "shudder" during clutch release from stopped and in first gear. The shudder is rare but does happen. Anyway on Saturday the bike is going into Brian K. for a full 7500 maintenance, I will let him sort it out. Also getting a new rear tire as it is fairly blocked due to our straight, flat roads.
Hello!!
Tell them to have a look at your clutch!!
I have 2 Mvs 800...Dragster RR and turismo veloce.... Both did "shudder" and both needed surgery at the clutch.
Both needed the clutch hub changed and some discs...Both same symptoms as yours.
I really think it happens because the hub material is way too soft!! Hope Mv reads these forums and I am sure they are aware to the extent that they covered both jobs under warranty!!
My 2 cents...

Reactions: lucydad

·
Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019, Mv Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 2020
171 Posts
Valves will be checked soon, bike is at my mechanic here in Houston. Redline? Run out of legal roads and speed limits fast.
Check my reply to your other post....Have them check your clutch!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hello!!
Tell them to have a look at your clutch!!
I have 2 Mvs 800...Dragster RR and turismo veloce.... Both did "shudder" and both needed surgery at the clutch.
Both needed the clutch hub changed and some discs...Both same symptoms as yours.
I really think it happens because the hub material is way too soft!! Hope Mv reads these forums and I am sure they are aware to the extent that they covered both jobs under warranty!!
My 2 cents...
Will do, much thanks. Happens, but it is rare.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok, back to the clutch switch error. I had my major 7500 maintenance done, and mechanic could not duplicate the error although the computer had recorded the error. My last two rides, each about 70 miles, plenty of stop and go, at the end of the ride: error popped up. Turning key off/on clears the error.

The QS was working normally until error popped up.

So, I am wondering if the error is heat related? I am going to find out if mechanic replaced the clutch fluid. If not, I will bleed and replace. Otherwise, I am going to see if this is an issue I can fix myself?

thanks!

·
Registered
513 Posts
When mine played up it only ever did it long slow-speed stop/start journeys (I.e. trips into London).
Didn't do it on usual trips on more open fast roads in the countryside (until then end as it gradually got worse and happening all the time).
So yeah, good bet that heat and slow journeys has something to do with it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
When mine played up it only ever did it long slow-speed stop/start journeys (I.e. trips into London).
Didn't do it on usual trips on more open fast roads in the countryside (until then end as it gradually got worse and happening all the time).
So yeah, good bet that heat and slow journeys has something to do with it.
Does anyone know if and where I can source a new clutch switch? Is it an easy swap out? Or difficult? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does anyone know if and where I can source a new clutch switch? Is it an easy swap out? Or difficult? Any help appreciated.
Did you try loosening the bolt that is behind the switch ? I once was told by the dealer, to turn it 90 degrees anti clock wise. Did it a couple of times till it worked out. Remember that you can test the switch by measuring continuity in the plug or in the same switch.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,498 Posts
It is a hydraulic pressure switch. There have been threads on replacements.
If you feel handy you can fabricate and mount a mechanical switch at the clutch lever to replace the hydraulic switch. Lots of bikes have one like that you could adapt.

Reactions: lucydad

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good morning !

Last night I worked on my bike. I installed a new sensor (clutch pressure switch).

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Automotive lighting Automotive design

I filled some brake fluid right after that and let the clutch work again. This is the conector to test if the switch is closing the circuit:

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
As stated by other forum members, you would find something similar in automotive stores. In my case, I bought it from Evolutionbike with other spare parts.
The other option, is to leave that sensor in there but disconnected, and use other type of switch (like the one used in the front brake lever).
I wonder, if the position of the sensor, allows air bubbles to stay inside 🤔

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
As stated by other forum members, you would find something similar in automotive stores. In my case, I bought it from Evolutionbike with other spare parts.
The other option, is to leave that sensor in there but disconnected, and use other type of switch (like the one used in the front brake lever).
I wonder, if the position of the sensor, allows air bubbles to stay inside 🤔
d
May I ask which specific clutch switch you ordered from Evolutionbike? That info would be very helpful.
I am trying to find out if my mechanic did bleed the clutch fluid, or not. If not, I will try that first as suggested by other kind forum members.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I opened an account with Evolutionbike, and asked to confirm the part shown is correct for my 2018 Dragster RR.
Still waiting to see if my mechanic changed out clutch fluid at recent service.
I may try loosening the nut a bit, and unplugging the unit, cleaning with electronics cleaner, and plugging again.
The fact that this failure seems to only happen at end of long rides, very hot weather, and stop/go suggests a gradual clutch switch failure, or perhaps electronic connection corrosion?? In any case, I am going to work the problem and see if I can fix it.

Grazie to the experts.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
It suggests air and the effects of heat buildup.
I have a bleeder and DOT 4, so I will try a bleed Monday morning when it is cool in the garage. Any pitfalls in bleeding the clutch? Or similar to brakes?

Grazie

·
Registered
81 Posts
I faced also the failed clutch pressure switch. I did not have time to wait the original part so I adapted the alternative pressure sensor which some member has introduced in this forum (great thanks btw).

I was not keen to create new NPT 1/8” thread so ended using an adapter between original female thread 1/8” BST and sensor male thread 1/8“ NPT. The sensor part was bought here: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/era/2472525

Noticed that available space was minimal because used adapter. Almost gave up but bended carefully contacts and managed to fit it.😅 Not real beautiful solution but has worked so far 250 km.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 62 Posts