MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
19,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gina and I got caught in a downpour Monday afternoon....good thing we'd dropped Pam off a few minutes earlier.....
Rode from Marietta to I-285 and I-20 intersection before it let up. Needless to say we were a bit soaked.....
:lightning

And then, just before the I-85 exit, Gina said "Enough of this [email protected]!#%", and promptly stopped running....:thewife:

No, it was not electrical or even water related! Quick road side diagnosis revealed bubbles and gas circulating in the tank when the fuel pump primed.....instead of pressurizing the injectors :banghead:

.... She had decided to spit the fuel line off the pump.....guess she wasn't happy with riding in all that dirty water! :eek:

Fortunately, Pam was heading to PTC and picked me up.....went home, grabbed Tonya (my trusty ol Toyota pick-up) and retrieved Gina from the road side.

She's always been faithful and reliable......:heart:

Guess I'll need to give her a nice bubble bath and massage to get back on her good side again.
:brutale:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
If you dont already have a solution in place what MSP did to Sophia was they built a safety wire cage around the hose and fastened it to the pump housing. I went from 3 times in a year of that BS to not since.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Gina and I got caught in a downpour Monday afternoon....good thing we'd dropped Pam off a few minutes earlier.....
Rode from Marietta to I-285 and I-20 intersection before it let up. Needless to say we were a bit soaked.....
:lightning

And then, just before the I-85 exit, Gina said "Enough of this [email protected]!#%", and promptly stopped running....:thewife:

No, it was not electrical or even water related! Quick road side diagnosis revealed bubbles and gas circulating in the tank when the fuel pump primed.....instead of pressurizing the injectors :banghead:

.... She had decided to spit the fuel line off the pump.....guess she wasn't happy with riding in all that dirty water! :eek:

Fortunately, Pam was heading to PTC and picked me up.....went home, grabbed Tonya (my trusty ol Toyota pick-up) and retrieved Gina from the road side.

She's always been faithful and reliable......:heart:

Guess I'll need to give her a nice bubble bath and massage to get back on her good side again.
:brutale:
You are a sick man. Therapy might be in order :stickpoke

·
Administrator
19,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In Gina's defense...I was scheduled to replace the filter and internal fuel hoses but got lazy....:shitfan:

So, much to my personal embarrassment, I am guilty of neglect....one of the things I routinely preach mighty sermons about to the unwashed masses of motorcycle owners. :rant:

She didn't let me down so much as I let her down...:eek:

I could have fixed it on the side of the road, just glad I didn't have to. :blush:

And, yes, therapy may be in order....:crazyeyes

But Pam seems to understand and loves me anyway....so I got that going for me. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts