MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
Your MV is not known for overheating...air in the system is likely since it is brand new. Who did the pre-delivery set-up on it??? Maybe they missed some things......
Do realize that any modern high performance motorcycle engine runs at a normal temp of 200° F ...fans usually come on at 205 and shut off around 195......overheating is 230° F.

·
Registered
2022 F3 Rosso
44 Posts
I have a new F3 with the same engine. The F3 may run a bit hotter since it has fairings, but I have the same issue. My bike runs with both bars red anytime there is stop-and-go traffic, but it goes back to green pretty quickly once moving constantly. The owners manual says the red bars mean temperature greater than 115 C but less than 125 C. Thats 239-257 degrees F. To me, that sounds insanely high. But the owners manual indicates it is not a problem until the bars flash (over 125C/257F). Again, that sounds rediculously high, but apparently they dont consider it overheating until then.
I really wish MV would put actual digital thermometers on these things like any other serious manufacturer does. Unless Im just not able to find how to display it, I cant get any coolant temp indication to display on the normal display...it has to be in race mode display. The computer obviously knows what it is.

MV...are you reading this?

·
Registered
2020 F3 ABS
5 Posts
My 2020 F3 kept puking coolant from hose below, until it eventually showed "H2O sensor malfunction". Of course i never added coolant, because i never did that either on my previous 39 motorcycles! At the track it was perfect, heat in middle. Once I stopped it puked coolant.

I did two things to fix it..... changed the soft 1.2bar radiator cap for an 1.8 bar cap (its a KTM part) which allowed coolant to overflow, and added Water Wetter (red liquid). OMG - now runs at least 1 bar lower temps on dashboard all the time. Water Wetter really works for me!

My issue now is fueling, it bucks at 1/3 or less throttle. On the track its brilliant - but not at normal road speeds. Any ideas? Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts