Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
114 Posts
don't know...

Bad mileage and you smell like exhaust...but it's so worth it :naughty:

I've never cared what a bike sounded like.......til my Brutale...love it.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I've had mine for a week and I've just discovered the high beam flasher trigger switch--the one you trigger with your index finger. Never had one of these on a harley.

I now know that everytime you hit a dip or a bump, your pillion slides into you. Actually, if you're not smooth with the gear changes, your pillion and your will get very well acquainted...

·
Registered
922 Posts
And don't even get me started with the instrument panel. I kept pressing the 'set' button and not a whole lot happened. Clock? What clock? Moral of the story...read the owner's manual.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
There is a difference for 750's and 910's (maybe also later 750 models) that the first brutales did have the frontlight on at ignition also during starting stressing the battery, on later models it's only the city light and the low beam is switched on after being started.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
281 Posts
How about these two unknowns?

We DON'T know when our 'R' exhaust will arrive.
You Don't know when your '07 'R' will arrive.

·
Registered
170 Posts
SteveC said:
How about these two unknowns?

We DON'T know when our 'R' exhaust will arrive.
You Don't know when your '07 'R' will arrive.
ROTFL!

and to add to that: we don't know what the exhaust is when it will arrive :naughty:

//zeta

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
How about, the front end is so stiff, it loosens your headbolt...

I've NEVER owned a bike for only 3 months, and have the headset loosen on me in that short of time....nor have I ever owned a motorcycle, where the headset/steering is so fuggin complicated. I'm at a loss to where I don't know if all I have to do to tighten it back down is tighten the yoke nut (like a normal bike) or tear the damn thing halfway apart to tighten it....dammit.

·
Registered
78 Posts
spalding12 said:
hmmmm this mileage thing is certainly something to watch...
i'm not used to having a bike without a fuel gauge

as for the smell...
i suppose that folks can get used to that :)

I have only had a chance to ride my new bike a couple times and the fuel gauge thing never occured to me. Why the hell doesn't it have a fuel gauge and how do you determine when you need fuel?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Fuel light pops on....like any other sportbike. Then you have just under (in our case, right at) a gallon left in the tank...which on a Brutale, means, you have a little over 20 miles. I've dared 21.8, and was sweatin the whole time. Filled up, and I filled up to just over 5 gallons....I looked in my tank too, and saw no gas....

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oicdn said:
How about, the front end is so stiff, it loosens your headbolt...

I've NEVER owned a bike for only 3 months, and have the headset loosen on me in that short of time....nor have I ever owned a motorcycle, where the headset/steering is so fuggin complicated. I'm at a loss to where I don't know if all I have to do to tighten it back down is tighten the yoke nut (like a normal bike) or tear the damn thing halfway apart to tighten it....dammit.
hmmmmmm
this is another reason why we need a group MV ride...
so that we can share notes IN PERSON....
and check each other's bikes out.... to be PROactive about problems

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
juice it said:
I have only had a chance to ride my new bike a couple times and the fuel gauge thing never occured to me. Why the hell doesn't it have a fuel gauge and how do you determine when you need fuel?
all my BMWs had one of course

especially in THIS bike...... where the mileage can VARY SO MUCH
most other bikes get 40mpg +/-
the brutale can get 22 or 35... so watching your miles traveled means nothing
and the IDIOT lights on the dash are SO FREAKIN' DIM......
that it really can't see them
i guess.... here's MY plan:

get fuel every 50 miles :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oicdn said:
Fuel light pops on....like any other sportbike. Then you have just under (in our case, right at) a gallon left in the tank...which on a Brutale, means, you have a little over 20 miles. I've dared 21.8, and was sweatin the whole time. Filled up, and I filled up to just over 5 gallons....I looked in my tank too, and saw no gas....
what is the BEST MPG you've ever gotten?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Betcha didnt know this one. The Gladio's were supposed to get little "T" stickers (T for Tamburini) that go on the side of the tank as part of the Gladio kit, but never did. Some of the european Gladios got the "T" sticker, but we here in the USA did not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts