MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am searching this Italian site, looking for a tel/ lurking...and find an Epoca. What is the difference between the two?

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
There was never a bike sold by MV with the name 125 Epoca.
Epoca means in Italian something like vintage, yesteryear, ...

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Yes, very much what Ralf said above for all intents & purposes - vintage in the English sense works best as it doesn't translate exactly. Epoca is period & normally they are described as D'epoca which is 'of the period' and refers exclusively to older, cars, bikes, furniture - anything really.
Having had a fair bit too do with seeking and importing bikes for my collection from Italy. ..
You'll usually see 125 - 175 etc d'epoca when the seller knows they are selling an old bike but don't really know what they have. Many of these bikes I now find are sold by the next generation as next of kin & they really know very little about them as they never really had an interest in them in the first place.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
If you are interested in classic MVs then you should probably invest in MV Agusta by Mario Colombo & Roberto Patrignani. It is a good general guide to particular models. it is readily available through Amazon and comes in a few languages.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are interested in classic MVs then you should probably invest in MV Agusta by Mario Colombo & Roberto Patrignani. It is a good general guide to particular models. it is readily available through Amazon and comes in a few languages.
thanks for the info
will do

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
This is the Italian magazine with an article on the 125 & 150 TEL. usefull if you are after some info re the TEL. e-bay # 331356413235

cheers

Russ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts