MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the perks of my new job is getting to play with the company toys. I drove the Slingshot around today and it is an absolute blast! 5 speed manual, 170hp and the thing will spin the wheel through the first 3 gears.

It's considered a motorcycle in most states so you need your endorsement to ride it. I still wear a helmet even though the windshield blocks most of wind.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Nice toy. You'll have fun in the winter with sleds.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I definitely plan on doing some snowmobiling. I need to find something fun to do in the winter with my southern belle or else she may not want to stay up here!

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Yeah I definitely plan on doing some snowmobiling. I need to find something fun to do in the winter with my southern belle or else she may not want to stay up here!
Ya think? Kidding.....you'll be fine.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Looks like fun, but not a motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I really like the price point of the Sligshot, but it needs a pivot system or something to make hard, fast turns smoother. I personally like the TRex as it is more the motorcycle componentwise, but at 3X the price the Slingshot has it.

·
Administrator
21,082 Posts
NOT A MOTORCYCLE..!!!!!

Auto cycle in some states.....technicians at the shops hate them...they are 3 wheeled cars is what they are.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the price point of the Sligshot, but it needs a pivot system or something to make hard, fast turns smoother. I personally like the TRex as it is more the motorcycle componentwise, but at 3X the price the Slingshot has it.
It can take turns pretty well thanks to it being so low to the ground but it can be a little rough over the bumps.

For me, something like this is perfect if you have a wife or friend you want to take out on the twisty roads with you comfortably. You can still hit them hard and fast without being unsettled by your passenger poking you in the ribs to slow down.

I will say that it turns more heads than my MV does.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NOT A MOTORCYCLE..!!!!!

Auto cycle in some states.....technicians at the shops hate them...they are 3 wheeled cars is what they are.
Pretty much. If we can have it classified as an auto cycle then customers are not forced to have their endorsement. At least that is how I understand it.

·
Administrator
21,082 Posts
If it has a steering wheel and 3 pedals for throttle, brake and clutch, and you sit in a seat with seat belts, and you are in an enclosed cockpit it IS NOT A MOTORCYCLE!!!

Just sayin'. :stickpoke

The CanAm Spyder is closer....

With enormous side by side utility vehicles and now this enormous 3 wheeled car, the typical motorcycle dealership shop has become very crowded. An automotive type lift is becoming required equipment. I know of at least one shop where they can't even get the Yamaha Viking around the corner into the work bay areas....they have to work on those in the warehouse.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I dont really get those things. Why do they exist? Its as wide as a car, has all of the trappings of a car, why not just throw that 4th wheel on there so it can have the stability of a car as well?

·
Administrator
21,082 Posts
I dont really get those things. Why do they exist? Its as wide as a car, has all of the trappings of a car, why not just throw that 4th wheel on there so it can have the stability of a car as well?
Doesn't and can't meet the NHTSA safety requirements. No air bags for one thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts