Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i seen them on ACH, CA looks awesome. but i really don't know how they fit

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I think those are the boots the Ferracci guys raced with last year.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I run with TCX "competition RS" boots on track.

They are really great. They fit perfecly, are very comfortable and seems to be safe if you fall down (not tested...yet).

The little holes in the sole are really effective. You feel the wind on your toes. Great, exept, of course when it rains !!

The only little negative point I see now, is that you have to lock the screws of the toes slider with Loctite if you don't want to loose them.

You can't be wrong if you buy them ! Take care, as all italian shoes, They fit small.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the predecesor Oxtar TCS Evo Replica RX and love them. I specially like the inner lace up, it really helps with the boot fit. I'm sure the the TCS Competition is just as nice if not better.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Toes slider are great. Here they are after one track session.
Fortunately, they are available as spare parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I have the OXTAR versions basically that was the name last year. this is my second pair I really like them comfy to walk in also. they just squeek like crazy when walking. they let a lot of air in so your foot stays pretty cool.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I've got three Oxtars, but not the racing boot. The brand has been exceptionally comfortable for me, both on and off the bike.

1. Waterproof touring boot, which I also use on the track
2. Waterproof city boot
3. Suede city shoe/boot

·
Registered
520 Posts
They had to change the name from Oxtars after being sued by Alpinestars over the logo.

·
Registered
349 Posts
These boots are top-knotch, but be warned.

TCS -- is the Torsion Control System part of the Oxtar boot--they keep your foot from twisting in a tumble-type crash. Insert obligatory action shot of last week's coincidental foot-injury-free tumble-type crash:

It's a kevlar exo-ligament and anti-crush reinforcement system covering the front, sides and rear of each boot. I've worn Oxtar replicas for four years and have crash-tested three pairs. Each time they performed brilliantly. At age 16, I was hit by a car and partially tore the lateral colateral ligament these boots are protecting. That incident ended my surfing days and put me on crutches for almost a year. So, yeah torsion protection played huge into my boot choice.

TCX, as mentioned, is the name that Oxtar went with after the AStars dispute... They're top-shelf boots. Long lasting and durable. They're the same gear sold by SportbikeTrackGear, and those guys only sell what they race. They brought me my Held phantoms in the pits at Nashville. Here's their Oxtar video gear review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1K0Lbangmg

The only gripe I have with the new TCX is the cheese-grater anti-friction titanium heel-slide on the butt that is much more obnoxious on the TCX boots than it was on the Oxtars... It WILL grind into your swingarm if not liberally covered with duct-tape (if you care -- doubt Bayliss does) or replaced with the plastic equivalent. Jon Pearson's SuperBike Mag gear review complained about this as well and recommends an alternaltive part. http://www.superbike.co.uk/products/boots/TCX_Troy_Bayliss_replica_boots_news_262953.html

These boots are durable as hell. There's almost no padding inside, and they can benefit from gel inserts for street riding but provide unadulterated feedback no the track. The soles tend to go out on mine after about a season and a half--quicker with the knifey-knurl of the FBF rearsets on the Brutale...

How good are they? I bought three pairs when they were blowing them out due to the name change. That's how much I like them....

·
Administrator
18,844 Posts
Jason, glad to hear nothing serious from your latest riding gear crash test. :stickpoke
Up for an October ride with Atlanta area riders?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Jason, glad to hear nothing serious from your latest riding gear crash test. :stickpoke
Up for an October ride with Atlanta area riders?
Hi Ed!

Will see what's going on! The Brutale fork seal seems worse, and there's a birthday weekend and possibly WERA Grand National Finals, but I'd love to work something in!!!

Cheers!
Jason

·
Registered
212 Posts
Jason, it that a Dainese Steel Prof. suit you are wearing? If so, I have just bought the same suit. How did it go in your "test"?

BTW, I hope you're ok. Did you high-side?

Roger

·
Registered
349 Posts
Jason, it that a Dainese Steel Prof. suit you are wearing? If so, I have just bought the same suit. How did it go in your "test"?

BTW, I hope you're ok. Did you high-side?

Roger
Hi Roger,

Nope, just a set of Lagunas... Not too keen on how they crashed, it was a contact off with the fellow on the far left, my front to his back wheel... Front went all fooky-wobble then the telltale crash grind... Struck right knee first and lauched ass o'er teakettle...

For the leathers, they ruptured the baffling around the waist, through to the back protector, I assume as I've no rash in the area. Kneecap got BAD rash though 2-3mm thick scabbing three weeks on... The suit's right knee-cup turned on the first strike and subsequent hits were on the D-stone fabric which wore straight through. Luckily there wasn't an inordinant amount of slide time on the knee or subsequent tumbling... It think the anti-slide metal exo knee shell on other models might have prevented the cup turning--it's shaken my faith in the suit a bit... The nylon zippers on the sleeves were demolished.

AGV Ti-Tech took a full-on whacker to the side and distributed the force do that I went to work with a full-purple bruise around the aperature area. Shell deformed slightly fiberglass ground off, shield popped off, but otherwise helment chashed brilliantaly for the amount of impact--adrenaline wooziness--no concussion.

For leathers, I've worn (and crashed) the MV Corse Lookwell kit before this and have to say I prefer them... Feel like a tank in them...

Wearing Held Phantoms--demolished... May have a broken middle finger, but not sure if it was from this or oddly enough my Chihuahau jumping on it--I'm not f-in kidding :). Hence, I've not been internetting much...

Cheers!
Jason

·
Registered
212 Posts
Your Chihuahau jumped on your finger and you think it broke it... Did it jump from your roof or something?:stickpoke

The thought of using a knee cap as a brake gives me the jitters. Would you say your suit was a snug fit around the knee? I've had trouble getting Dainese gear that fits me well because I'm a skinny runt. My latest suit was made to measure and it's a bitch to put on. I'm hoping that being as tight as it is, things like knee protectors wont move around.

Thanks for sharing the cause of the crash too. I think most people appreciate this info so they can try and avoid the same thing happening to them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts