MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted M bars to their Brute? After sitting on a Triumph Thruxton at a bike show the other day, I'm blown away by the comfort of the bars - swept back roughly the same as the standard MV bars, but just tilted down a few degrees.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
867 Posts
No but would love to see the end result, I'm thinking of getting my original bars straightened by an inch or so as i light to feel a little weight over the front.

James

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hello
I own a F4 1000S aswell wich I rode 55000km on it
So I quite frankley do not get used to the more "upright"
riding position.
I mounted a "duc streetfighter" handlebar , wich is much more
sporty, but still miss the "feel" I got from my F4.
I mean , its allright at cruising speeds and relaxing stroles
But when gassing it , I just d'ont feel so "in control" as on my F4
I heard that the handlebar is rubber mounted , for more comfort
but when I needed that I would shoreley bought myself a harley
instead of an RR.
I also took a look at the buell cr1125 handlebars , but this seemed a little TO sporty for my taste(see pic)
That's why I think I will switch to some kind off a raised clip-on system(see pic)
and make it in a "semi-cafe racer" also will buy some more sporty rear sets
so get more body mass leaned over to the front side.
cheers
Peter:brutale:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
im lost
there oly used to be a few drop bars
ace bars , clip ons , jota adjustables, and tommasellie bars
what are M bars .. the ones on the Buel are ace bars

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Fitted a set off of a 2010 Triumph Speed Triple to my Brute,on a recommendation of another forum member, approximately 1 inch lower than OE bars made a surprisingly lot of difference on the wind blast front.I think they give a more aggresive stance as well and half the price of a set off a Ducati Monster.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fitted a set off of a 2010 Triumph Speed Triple to my Brute,on a recommendation of another forum member, approximately 1 inch lower than OE bars made a surprisingly lot of difference on the wind blast front.I think they give a more aggresive stance as well and half the price of a set off a Ducati Monster.
Good tip, and yes, they do look lower, but my problem is the angle that the grips sit:

Put your hands out in front of you, to mimick riding. Now look at the line your knuckles make - the left hand will slope down to the left, the right hand will slope to the right.

This is how I want my bars to be - if you look at the Brute, or the Speed Triple, or even the Streetfighter, they're all either flat or slightly sloping upwards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts