MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got the bike back from my ex. When I was deployed she had someone come jump it and never asked me about it so the guy (no MV experience) pulled everything to the battery. I just got it today and the battery was shot and while I was getting to it I noticed he did an awful job. Didn’t even tighten the front bolts under the dampener. So I got everything off, replaced the battery and for the life of me I cannot get this tank to seat properly. I can secure the front bolts but everything else is about 5mm to far rear. I checked to make sure fuel lines aren’t pinched and they’re all loose. I looked in the mx manual on double3 and they only show removal. I’m assuming of course install is the opposite and I’ve done everything I can think of.

Also the two bolts for the tank under the seat, are there supposed to be nuts or what? Seems weird there isn’t something those actually screw into. I assssummmeee there is but the last guy lost them or something. Can’t see anything in the mx manual about those either.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
Your tank has probably swollen a bit from the ethanol in gas.

I want to thank you for your service!

Now, to help us help you, please put your general location in your User CP and add you model and year of bike to your signature line.

These things help us help you.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Dumb question; arent the fuel lines in the way? As in tank resting on a fuel line or another type of wire.

When you secure the 2 bolts infront of the gastank you should lift the rear a little.(That is on the F3 model) otherwise the tank woudnt line up for some reason.
Here check out this video and skip towards 17 minutes and 30 seconds:

https://youtu.be/lyPRnB_7GiU?t=17m32s

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been reading and talking on an MV Facebook page and it seems as thought I have a swollen tank. Which is just perfect since there are no dealers here for me to try to get warranty service.

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
Well, there may be a solution for you.

Try this: Remove the fuel from the tank, leave the tank open, and place it in the sunshine for a few days.

Rumor has it that this may help return the tank to closer to its normal size.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've had success by using ethanol free strictly and then the tank shrank back and allowed easy bolt alignment. Not sure how long it took since I was able to install in my case with the poor alignment and noticed it was perfect on my next tank removal.

Use ethanol free if you can!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts