MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a function over art kind of guy - so I'll start by saying I realize many will think this doesn't look as Tamborini desired but ............

Even though the seat is small I found my weight was shifting too much. With the tank gripster I've found by gripping with my legs the seat is more comfortable and most of the weight is now off my wrists - especially when braking!

It is removable and reusable.

Tom
Weeki Wachee, Fl.
Gainesville, Mo.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think it looks fine. Maybe better if it was red....As long as it makes the ride better for you...that is what it is all about.

·
Registered
100 Posts
TPadden,

I like the added control and the fact that it is removable. (doen't look so bad)
I would be interested in perhaps purchasing , can you help with a link or some direction?

Thanks, Joel

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gladio said:
they make tank grip material that is clear. Just a thought.
I've used it before; it's on my Kaw 636 - harder to apply without bubbles showing through - besides the intake covers are black (and fairly symmetrical with the grips) so I went that way..... but yeah red, silver, or clear would also have worked.

Bottom line and the point of my post is tank grips work for relieving stress on my wrists and rear end :) .

Tom

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Just curious......why are the tires so white?
it looks like you rolled it in from a chalk road
or is it just dust?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finao said:
TPadden,
I would be interested in perhaps purchasing , can you help with a link or some direction?

Thanks, Joel
Joel,

Sorry - I should have included it in my post. I got the material from:

http://www.techspec-usa.com/gs/gripster_sport.html

It is really easy to make a pattern and you can either get sheets and do it from scratch. I looked through them and tried to match - ended up getting BMW R1200RT pre-cut and trimming a bunch! $40 US.

Tom

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Darkside said:
Just curious......why are the tires so white?
it looks like you rolled it in from a chalk road
or is it just dust?
Not dust !!!! :jsm: I had just rolled in from a 1,000 mile trip to Key West; but the white is chalk from a 1/2 mile limestone/ gravel drive!

Guess I should get a Brutale rug too - no leaks - but I do all my chain maintenance on the cardboard. :D

Tom

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
I was thinking that was the case

Sounds like an awesome trip.......any pics? or are they in another section?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Darkside said:
I was thinking that was the case
Sounds like an awesome trip.......any pics? or are they in another section?
I'm retired and have ridden over 40,000 miles a year for the last 8 years; including 2/ 30 day Alaska camping trips. I've found I have really cut back on the pics. The first one is at the KOA in St Augustine, the second one was just to show my wife the Trailers we stayed in on the Naval base at Trumbo Pt (Key West) so the Brutale isn't even in it. The third one is for those whose winter isn't over; I'm heading out on a good friend's boat in Key West.

The gripster panels were waiting for me when I got back and put them on and went for a ride as soon as I got home.

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Good for you! Lucky man! I hope I make it until I retire.

I feel like quitting now and wandering the earth. Yeah, like Cain. :) Except on a motorcycle. :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gladio said:
Good for you! Lucky man! I hope I make it until I retire. :)
REALLY LUCKY!!! My wife and I were able to retire under 50 years old with 3 retirements. We were in San Diego when she finally retired from the Navy, I had retired from the USMC and was eligable for retirement from the police department. I looked at her and said: "Do we want to work another 20 years or get the hell out of California and retire?" She said: "Shut up, I'm on the phone with a realtor to sell the house". :)

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts