MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested, I sent a template to TechSpec, for some tank grip pads for the Brutale 800. My template is for just a small patch so as not to cover any of the graphics on the tank plus it will look better. (IMO).

You can have them cut you a set under $60.00 with shipping.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Allworld,

Sounds like a plan... can you possibly provide some details on your design? The current TechSpec tank coverage just does not look good.

https://techspec-usa.com/products/motorcycles/mv-augusta/mv-agusta-brutale-675-2012-current-750-2001-06-800-800-dragster-2013-current-1090-2009-current-motorcycle-tank-grip-pads-snakeskin.html

You have a 2016 Brutale... is the tank the same as my 2018 RR? Any idea?

I am interested, and want a set for my 2018 Brutale 800 RR-- if they provide grip, and do not make the beautiful tank design look ugly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Allworld,

Sounds like a plan... can you possibly provide some details on your design? The current TechSpec tank coverage just does not look good.

https://techspec-usa.com/products/motorcycles/mv-augusta/mv-agusta-brutale-675-2012-current-750-2001-06-800-800-dragster-2013-current-1090-2009-current-motorcycle-tank-grip-pads-snakeskin.html

You have a 2016 Brutale... is the tank the same as my 2018 RR? Any idea?

I am interested, and want a set for my 2018 Brutale 800 RR-- if they provide grip, and do not make the beautiful tank design look ugly.

Thanks!
Call TechSpec, 775-783-5110, ask for Scott tell him you would like a duplicate of order #100018159.

My Brutale is a 2016 RR so the pads will only be for a small patch, sort of a wedge shape. I will post some pictures once I receive them.

·
Registered
416 Posts
All,

Rodger that... I think I will wait to see what you designed unless you have a picture of your template on your tank.
I am a big fan of these TechSpec grips: had some on my Triumph STRX 675... and I miss having them on my Brutale especially under
hard deceleration... thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
For anyone interested, I sent a template to TechSpec, for some tank grip pads for the Brutale 800. My template is for just a small patch so as not to cover any of the graphics on the tank plus it will look better. (IMO).

You can have them cut you a set under $60.00 with shipping.
Can I see a picture of the template? I'm interested in some grip pads but Cycle Gear doesn't have any clear ones and I have an America and would like to see the graphics..

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
Hi Rob, just an opinion...and you know you get what you pay for:

I'd submit that the proposed template is too large. Not by much. I am looking at the space around the template for an even "reveal" and what I see is no reveal at the seat/tank interface, about a 1/4" reveal at the parallel line along the frame tube, and no reveal at the tank line parallel to the ground.

1.JPG

I think I would strive for a 1/4" reveal around the perimeter as this would provide a nice aesthetic and plenty of protection.

Is the pad to be clear or black? Textured?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks for the picture... extremely helpful..printing and now looking at my Dragster RR

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Rob, just an opinion...and you know you get what you pay for:

I'd submit that the proposed template is too large. Not by much. I am looking at the space around the template for an even "reveal" and what I see is no reveal at the seat/tank interface, about a 1/4" reveal at the parallel line along the frame tube, and no reveal at the tank line parallel to the ground.

View attachment 455087

I think I would strive for a 1/4" reveal around the perimeter as this would provide a nice aesthetic and plenty of protection.

Is the pad to be clear or black? Textured?
The reveal is more like and 1/8" and this is a paper cut out, in reality there is a reveal (1/8") or so. The placement is important to line up the edges, so the edge by the seat is were to start to line it all up. I could have reduced the size by a fraction to give it more of a reveal, however I think the final product will be good.

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
I'm looking forward to the result.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So attached are some pictures of the grip pads in place, both right and left sides. Overall I am satisfied with them and know they will give me better control of the bike and also keep me planted. The angle formed from the edges along the seat line and "Tri Pitioni" decal could have been a little sharper and better defined.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,420 Posts
Nice work. I agree with your comment and I'll add another. As I am a fairly retentive bastard, I like the left side pad better than the right. Why? Because the cut at the top ot the pad on the left side more closely follows the pattern of nubs on the pad. On the right side, the cut does not follow the pattern.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Because the cut at the top ot the pad on the left side more closely follows the pattern of nubs on the pad. On the right side, the cut does not follow the pattern.
LOL, wow that is retentive. I'm going with optical illusion.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ordered for my 2018 Brutale 800 Dragster 800. Scott at TechSpec was totally professional. I will also post pictures when installed.

thanks again!

·
Registered
416 Posts
All,

Yes, I ordered, he cut, he shipped the same day. They arrived last evening. Now I need time and a warm day for install.

Thanks so much for posting your results! I am finishing my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and then going for a ride. Nice
day here on the TX Gulf Coast of USA...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used a hair dryer to heat the tank up and it worked well. I actually rode the bike today and they made an improved difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts