MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Stuffed up my F4 Tank today doing a balancing act with the Air Box and tank after throttle adjustments its real sad!, bashed dinted,& fuel pipes riped off and also wires to fuel pump. My question is that the Plug and wire loom don`t have the same colours?, the pump wires are:
1/red, 2/black, 3/orange, 4/white,
however the harness plug socket has purple, purple with white stripe, green with black stripe, and Blue. don`t you just hate this! why not colour match the cables for the dumb arse that dropped the tank from the bike!! can you advise how to match back up
Kind Regards
Bob

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
You don't say what year 1000 you have, but on an '07 1=tan/black, 2=blue, 3=blue/yellow, 4=tan. That's the harness side.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Year is 2005, Standard F4 1000S 1+1 Don`t have a diagram in my handbook,The Air was every colour you can think of its a 3 handed job!! wont remove with the balancing act again, holding a full tank with one hand and trying to plug in snap connectors with th other,Should have been smarter and drained the tank before however found a nice bike guy in Perth that will fix it like new, Hope it don`t happen to another biker!

Cheers Bob

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Year is 2005, Standard F4 1000S 1+1 Don`t have a diagram in my handbook,The Air was every colour you can think of its a 3 handed job!! wont remove with the balancing act again, holding a full tank with one hand and trying to plug in snap connectors with th other,Should have been smarter and drained the tank before however found a nice bike guy in Perth that will fix it like new, Hope it don`t happen to another biker!

Cheers Bob
Wish it hadn't happened to you either but thanks for giving others a heads up! :yo: Good luck with the repair, I am sure it will be as good as new.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Got some sympathy for you there Bbob, I recently dropped a pair of heavy mole grips right onto the bloody gleaming fuel tank!!:banghead: I got two lovely souvenir chips out of the paint now, I see them every time I open the garage door! Bugger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts