MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have to repaint my bike. Looking at the tank that I have now there is a light blue rim around the white area on the tank. Does anyone know if that is original? If so, is that a decal or pin stripe? Would appreciate input, as I would like to keep it as close to the original as possible. Mine is a 1974.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for your help. Is the light blue around the white a sticker or pinstriped by hand?
Do you ask if the light blue is a sticker or paint by hand ?

I don't no what is pinstriped ... My technical english is not always at the top

I'll look at this tomorow. If you want other more detailed photos let me know

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm the second owner since 1973, and I know that my tank is in original paint !

I look at it this morning, and I think that the blue is a sticker, and the white is paint by hand ...

As you can look on the picture

IMG_1621.JPG
IMG_1622.JPG

Voilà l'Ami, bonne chance pour la rénovation

Xavier

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Merci Xavier! Very helpful.Now the challenge is to find someone who can produce that sticker. I found all other decals, but not that one.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Adrian, I agree. Better reproductions. I just went through that with my Ducati. A day after they were applied bubbles showed up under the decals. Adhesive on back went bad.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
No, they are not old decal

They are original new reproduction decal ...
Then they aren't orginal but reproductions based off orginal design

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry, I don't always know use the subtlety of the language, and my English is very (too) academic ...

All I know is that the Motonanuali decals have the good size, the good colors and the good calligraphy

Cordialement

Xavier

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Sorry, I don't always know use the subtlety of the language, and my English is very (too) academic ...

All I know is that the Motonanuali decals have the good size, the good colors and the good calligraphy

Cordialement

Xavier
That's ok Xavier,I understand what you mean now. I am actually looking at buying some for my 350 Ipotesi .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts