MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good Tank Cover/Bag combo for the 910s that I can get in the U.S.?

I did a search for similar and saw a few including one sharp one with MV Agusta logos stitched into it on an earlier forum discussion from like 3-4 years ago. He said you could email e-motuk to see about getting one, but I'm guessing meant to say e-motouk? (emailed them asking already)

Does anyone utilize a tank cover/bag combo and any pictures with protector and bag on your bike?? Still trying to see if I want to throw a leather anything on my tank, even if it is to connect a bag for storage when I need it. I think I may pull the trigger if I can get one with the logos in it so it still looks like the tank..but don't know.

Thoughts, suggestions, advice? :stickpoke

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It looks good!! ...better than I expected actually. Do you leave it on all the time or just do it when touring?

Any issues with the paint after install (long-term)?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It looks good!! ...better than I expected actually. Do you leave it on all the time or just do it when touring?

Any issues with the paint after install (long-term)?
Only put it on when touring ,so I can carry a bag, no issues with paint done about 6000klms in the last couple of months & no rubs, will let you in on a little secret to stop rubbing /scratching ... Make sure you wax the tank with a good canauba wax often!
Only other thing is the bag rubs on the fuel cap ,i run a small round piece of felt in the recess when the bags on & no problems.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I picked up the MV item with the base and the bag -

It doesn't cover the tank like the bagster. I haven't noticed any problems with the paint yet.

There are a couple more pics of it in my smugmug gallery for 2010 motorcycles.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Baglux Bagster, they are tip top. They will embrioder any logo onto the tank cover too, check out their website, based in French France mind you!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jeffk - MV item with the base and the bag - do you have a website for that item so I can check it out in more detail? Looks good!!!

bigfeesh : Reference baglux bagster - Can you send me the url where you found that they'll do embroider the tank cover? I saw an example on the website with the MV logos on it and loved it. Couldn't find where they found the cover with logos. You have info....???????

·
Registered
61 Posts
Check out twisted throttle, they sell bags use the SW-Motech attachment system that attaches to the gas cap ring. Looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That MV bag is at http://www.mvagusta.it/common/shop/special-parts/brutale-1090-my2010/accessori-generici

I have one of those quicklock tankbags on my Tiger with 12V power outlets in the bag - they're really nice and I had considered it but was concerned with the leverage a bag would have on a plastic tank when it was full of all the crap I carry around.

Plus, they're pretty expensive when you add it all up - the MV bag is around $200, which isn't bad at all.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I have the MV Agusta tank bag on the Brute (as Jeff will know, having earlier asked for feedback on it) and the Bagster tank cover and bag on the Beemer.
Both terrific pieces of equipment, but I just thought the look of the bagster wasn't right for the Brute...only personal opinion.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Please Dont deal with E-MotoUK or what ever they are called now, you will get burned as so many people on this have in the past, do a search and you will see what i mean.

James

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I got my MV tank bag from Evolution Bike, sponsors of this site. Great service!

·
Registered
267 Posts
MVABrute910 the site you need is http://www.baglux.co.uk/ , buttttttt they do not deliver outside of UK!! Try them without telling them you aint on our fair isle and I can sort it and post gear onwards if you need it. They have an excellent reputation as I did some googling after you queried the site. I have this system on my F4 and S3, works very well and the tankbag works on any of their tank covers, ie interchangeable. The main Baglux site is in French France and does not have a good reputation, use the UK site. I hope this helps.:toothless

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all for the suggestoins!!!

bigfeesh - thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out the site and appreciate you offering to help me out.

...now for some additional research and try to make up my mind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts